Location of Shopping Basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of Shopping Basket

I find really annoying that the moment you click on the product section, the shopping basket appears above the section you are veiwing. Is it possible to change it so it only display when a user start the buying process, and if this is not possible, can it be move to below the sections?
    Regards
    Alan

www.astonlee.com
    www.mctooling.com
    www.subconeng.com

I assume you mean the cart summary. Yes, it can be moved.

It might be best if you give us a url so we can take a look at what you're doing and give you some detailed help.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the link. You can always post links on the forum and remove them later using the edit button.

Having looked at your site I can see what you're talking about. Some clever scripting could make the cart only visible when there's something in it but that would probably be just as bad in my view.

The problem you have is that a large cart summary has been added above your section navigation and this pushes the navigation right down the page. This is poor practice because the navigation is no longer where the visitor expects it to be and the same problem would apply if it did this just when there was something in the cart.

If I were you I would move the cart summary or make it much smaller. You could move it below the navigation, but then it wouldn't as visible and you need it for your checkout link. If I were you I'd probably move it to the RHS where it is still visible but doesn't get in the way of the site navigation. This is a very common way to do it and a good solution to the problem.

If you're unsure of how to do this then consider getting one of the designers on the forum to do it for you. This is a very small job but your cart summary would benefit from some tidying up anyway.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Moving cart summary

Thank's Mike for your input& ideas, and it's good to know that I am not wasting my time trying!
        Alan
        www.astonlee.com
        www.mctooling.com
        Regards
        Alan

www.astonlee.com
        www.mctooling.com
        www.subconeng.com

Comment

Working...
        X