Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.cat files ALWAYS upload!

Hi guys

About 1%, perhaps less, of our .cat files upload every time we upload any changes, we do not use New Products or Best Sellers layouts on any pages so there is no reason that this needs to be so

i beleive it is corrupt product or section files but i cant find anything wrong. I have noted down the cat file numbers, gone to those sections and products and checked them all out, all seems ok

I would love to get this one fixed as its been a problem for quite a while and could well be the problem that my other problems with this site are based upon

are .cat files the section config files in essense?

thanks folks, i sincerley hope your all having a much better Christmas sales period than me

Barry - As I posted in your other thread about your problems you need to seek paid professional help you cannot realistically expect to rely on a forum to run your business. You are loosing far more sales than it would cost you to get this whle issue sorted.

Dont ring me as Im up to my neck packing hampers

Comment

thanks Mal, nice.

i am coming to the forum for help as i have received little from the professional guys that i have already paid to help us with this - Actinic Support, £300 a year, many many tickets go so far and then get abandoned by them

If anyone has any constructive help or any light they can shed on this i would be grateful

of course if anyone wants to quote me for fixing my myriad problems ill be delighted to receive your quote

Comment

anyone else ever see this problem? perhaps corrupted .cat files always upload, every time, for no apparaant reason

anyone know how to fix corrupt .cat files?

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
          anyone else ever see this problem? perhaps corrupted .cat files always upload, every time, for no apparaant reason

anyone know how to fix corrupt .cat files?

thanks guys
          • Take a backup (snapshot AND full site folder, just in case it breaks things even more)
          • Compact Databases - Content + Shipping tables
          • Purge - Content, E-mails, Accounts, Orders
          • Finally, if all else fails, take a copy of your Actinic database and run it through a Repair function using Microsoft Access*

*9 out of 10 times when I have issues caused by the Actinic database, this solves things. Shame my latest issue wasn't cured by this

Comment

cat files are generated by actinic, thus if they are corrupt and a refresh doesn't cure the problem then the problem is deeper.

as mal says it seems that your site is quite dodgy at present as described in http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40383

you either need to get actinic support to resolve this for you or pay for a developer to look at it as someone is going to have to look at a snapshot

Comment

i am coming to the forum for help as i have received little from the professional guys that i have already paid to help us with this - Actinic Support, £300 a year, many many tickets go so far and then get abandoned by them
              Professional help for £300 - i dont think so. I would charge you more than that for a day to sort it out.

PS: we are giving you advice but if you keep comming back with comments like that about my posts then dont bother asking for FREE help -you have a nice christmas with your problems and I will go away and carry on packing hampers

Comment

thanks Grant, that is very helpful of you, i will give that a try once actinic has finished deleting 44,000 session files!

appreciate the positive tip m8, i didnt know about Access's repair feature

thank you

Comment

what are you on about Mal? i was talking about the money i pay Actinic for Actinic Cover.

I think maybe your overdoing it with the Christmas Sherry my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                    what are you on about Mal? i was talking about the money i pay Actinic for Actinic Cover.
                    That's how I read it as well Mal...didn't see any dig at you
                    The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Actinic Support is there to resolve issues but they do have the claveat that they do not support changes made to scripts.

Thus if the problems with the site is due to amendments to the site/scripts you can not expect them to fix it, if however its due to upgrading they would take a look at a snapshot.

Comment

thanks Mal, nice.
                        If anyone has any constructive help
                        I take these comments as a dig

Comment

ahh...fair point (though I did read the 'nice' bit to be referring to your hampers)
                          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

though I did read the 'nice' bit to be referring to your hampers
                            They are very nice - but we are closed now

Comment

Working...
                            X