Internet Explorer - Operation aborted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer - Operation aborted

Hi every one I have been getting Operation aborted error coming up on Internet Explorer the last moth or so. It only does it some time on some pages but if you go back and retry it works fine.

It mainly does it one the URL below.

http://www.jglighting.co.uk/acatalog...ll_Lights.html

http://www.jglighting.co.uk/acatalog...ts_lights.html

But it does it on other pages as well.

Does any one why this would be happening and how I can stop it.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Attached Files
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

This was a copy and paste job:

The problem is you can't append to the BODY element from script that isn't a direct child to the BODY element.

If you research it enough, you will find that some people ran into this when they had script inside a <table>. The proposed fix was to move the script outside the <table> element. But that would only work if the <table> was a direct child to the body! If the table is inside yet another element, it will still fail.

And of course, it's ok if your script isn't a direct child of BODY as long as it doesn't execute inline while the page is being parsed. So for our example here, you could fix it by moving the script to the top or bottom of the body, moving it after the body, or putting it in a function and calling it from window.onload or in response to some other event.

With AJAX apps becoming ever more popular, DOM manipulation is becoming more commonplace, and I fear more and more people may run into this. Hopefully this helps.

Remember, Google is your friend!

Comment

Thanks for your quick replay.

But you said about Ajax in a table. I don't know of any Ajax on our site.

Would it be anything else.

Thanks

Elliott
      Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X