Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assigning imported products into existing sections

Hello,

We are importing products into actinic using the following CSV columns. My question is is it possible to add another column to tell the section where to be placed.

So for example using the criteria below, the section page name would be called Apple Mac, with Apple Mac product inside this section. But how would i place Apple Mac inside a section already created called Computers?

Section page name
    Short Description
    Page Title
    Full Description
    Price
    Meta keywords

regards
    Chris

You've not said whether you're using Flat File or Hierarchical importing so it's difficult for us to be specific. It looks likely that it's Flat File from your field descriptions.

In Flat File, separate Sections from their parents with a pipe "|" symbol. E,g, Computers|Apple Mac.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Flat Field

Hi,

Yes sorry it is flat.

Are you saying that my Section page name would be Computers|Apple Mac and that it would create a new section called Apple Mac and automatically assign it to the Computers section that already exists?

thanks
      Chris

Comment

I just realized the sectoion apge name is html, so i could not add it there. So which column would i be able to add Computers|Apple Mac?

Comment

It's "Section Text". It's all in the Help. Look for "How Does Importing Work?" / "Creating A Sections And Sub-Sections With An Import".
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X