Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote assistance (vnc)

Hi there,
    What's the best/most popular/easiest to use (free) software for logging into someone's PC remotely to solve a problem? Actinic use a really good one when you phone their support line but I can't remember what it's called. I need to login to someone's PC remotely to help them fix a problem.

Cheers
    Cheers
    Stuart

gotomypc i use and recommend. I think showmypc was recently mentioned as a freebie. Windows remote desktop is another.

Comment

Teamviewer (doesn't require an install) and Logmein are two more.
      There are also many many other free VNC programs - RealVNC, UltraVNC etc

Comment

I use Teamviewer as well and find it works a treat. Free for non-commercial / personal use. The person at the PC you are connecting to starts the 'customer' module, you start the 'full' module, type in the remote PC's ID and password and you are away. Lovely jubbly.
        Rob

Ultra slim, ultra stylish light switches, dimmers and plug sockets for your home or business
        The Decorative Switch Company - Imagine The Possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by Decswitch View Post
          I use Teamviewer as well and find it works a treat. Free for non-commercial / personal use. The person at the PC you are connecting to starts the 'customer' module, you start the 'full' module, type in the remote PC's ID and password and you are away. Lovely jubbly.
          Thanks for the information, this is one I missed and it works really well. You can even use the remote host version that allows access to remote PC's even when unattended. I have been using Logmein, but will be using this in future.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

I use tight vnc if that helps
            "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Two related threads below which may be of interest (seems a popular topic this week).

I am Looking for a local Actinic expert...
              LogMeIn launch an iPhone application
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Is there any particular advantage to the Teamviewer Business version over the free version?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

The differences are shown here:
                  http://www.teamviewer.com/licensing/index.aspx

Comment

Working...
                  X