Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javascript Functions - Disappearing on Product Page

Hello.

I am currently attempting to import a design snapshot into our current site, to bring in our new site design. Every time Actinic gets to 'checking catalog' (during Generating Site or Uploading, Snapshots, etc) it crashes with a dmp file produced, which Actinic support are currently looking at. I was issued a 'fixed' database, but this doesn't seem to work either.

Okay, back on to the current issue.

On brochure pages, everything works fine. The collapso menu shows as it should and the miniCart also works as it should. The problem is with products within the 'acatalog' section.

In the <head> section of shop section pages/product pages, I have:
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title><Actinic:Variable Name="PageTitle"/></title>
    <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />
    <actinic:variable name="MetaTags" />
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsP3PPolicyUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
      <link rel="P3Pv1" href="<actinic:variable name="P3PFullPolicyLink" />">
    </actinic:block>
    <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptFunctions" />
    <link href="style-new.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <actinic:variable name="Collapso-5 Support" />
    </head>
    Okay, so JavaScriptFunctions is in there. I've checked the contents of this variable, and actinicextras.js and actiniccore.js are both being called, as expected, and as per the brochure pages.

But, when I preview the site, the source code seems to not bother generating the JavaScriptFunctions into the design, thus the two .js files mentioned previously are missed out, and thus, many features which require these files also don't work.

What I'm confused about is that both <head> sections on brochure pages and product pages/section pages are identical. The generated pages for both brochure and products have the exact same <head> section with the exception of the product page having 5/6 lines of whitespace where the <script src=....> tags should be.

So, can anyone show some light on why this isn't being generated on product pages? I've checked through all Site Options, Library, everywhere I can possibly imagine - and can't find any reference to not/including these Javascript functions.

I'm currently working on a virtual server so don't have a live url either, sorry

We've been hoping to get this site done before December, now we're looking like it'll be likely to be completed by the end of December given the current state with this issue, and the issue with Actinic crashing, which I am told is due to a corruption in the product table in the database and thus, does not effect the issue described above.

Thanks,
    Grant

attempting to import a design snapshot
    These have never worked correctly and to my knowledge still dont work - Ive not checked in 9.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
      These have never worked correctly and to my knowledge still dont work - Ive not checked in 9.0.3
      Yep, I now know that Lol.

Basically I have two snapshots:

One is our current snapshot from our live site - product info and orders.

The other snapshot has a couple of sections and products as it has been mainly used for the designing process.

So now I'm at the stage where I need to get the design across into the full site snapshot, but am at a complete loss on how to do it, short of creating several billion text files and manually copying the code over for the library

Any suggestions?

Comment

Instead of using the selector to bring in the JS references, paste the contents of the selector into the layout instead and then remove the selector. This solved the similar bug i was experiencing.

Comment

Yup

This is what I did to test it just in case the actual js files were in some way corrupted. Sure this still does the job, but it appears yet another bug in v9

After the past week I'm left feeling surely there's got to be an easier way to life than this

Oh well, we live and we learn

Comment

903 solved this bug for me, it was around in 902, CD confirmed it. Perhaps not fully solved after all .

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              903 solved this bug for me, it was around in 902, CD confirmed it. Perhaps not fully solved after all .
              Unfortunately not Tried in 9.0.2 and 9.0.3 now, initially the bug appeared in 9.0.3 for me, reverting to 9.0.2 didn't fix it, nor did importing the snapshot. Another call to Support seems like it's needed

Comment

Thought I'd update this as I've finally cracked it after giving up and just letting it be. Quite simple and an obvious solution. If it doesn't work, follow the instructions up to[*].

1) Open up the Design - Library - Layouts

2) Expand 'JavaScript Header Functions'[*]

3) Double click the 'JavaScriptFunctions' selector

4) Click on the 'Values' tab.

5) In the left column, select 'Standard Javascript Header Functions'

6) Click the > arrow, then click OK.

7) Ensure the 'Initial Value' and 'Top Level Value' are set to 'Standard Javascript Header Functions'

8) Click OK, then OK again.

9) Upload your site, and voila, your javascript functions will now be called in the <head> section of your web page document.

[*] - Initially this didn't work on one PC. So what I did was:

2a) Right click 'Standard Javascript Header Functions' and select 'Copy'

2b) Rename the copy 'Standard Javascript Header Functions2'

2c) Continue the steps, substituting 'Standard Javascript Header Functions' for 'Standard Javascript Header Functions2'

2d) Done.

Clear and simple instructions, hopefully nobody else has been effected by this problem, but there's always one

Cheers,
                Grant

Comment

Working...
                X