Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rename DD folder

Hi all
    Is it possible to rename the folder DD, this folder is the one that contains all the Digital Downloads.

My problem is that, I understand that you can change the name of the acatalog folder:

www.mysite/acatalog/DD/downloadfilename

to

www.mysite/shop/DD/downloadfilename

I also understand that actinic encripts the links (obfuscation) and that the links are only available for 24hrs, however if a customer purchases a download they would then have the file name. It then does not take much of a bright spark to figure out that if they were to type into the browser the address. i.e www.mysite/shop/DD/filename they would then be able to download without clicking on a link, thus being able to share the download with anyone at anytime simply by emailing them the url of the file?

Is there a solution to this or am I missing something?

I also understand you can change the location of the DD folder, how is this done?

Many thanks beforehand hope someone can help out!!

By deed poll at your local registry office, costs about a tenner.

Comment

Excellent good answer Lee,
      Does this mean you have no idea? I might struggle then if a Web Designer / Tutorial expert can't help

Comment

Des, I'm fraid this cannot be done

Sorry

Kind Regards

Comment

I have no idea you're correct, i don't think i have ever heard anyone wanting to change it either. I would happily wager a large (ish) bet that it is either very difficult, not possible or not sensible to change. There would be an article in the KB if it could be done easily i expect.

Comment

Many thanks for the reponse Nadeem

This means that all digital downloads delivered through actinic are not as secure as the sellars may think.

Comment

Hey Des, I would say it is secure, you must remember that when the clients downloads the digital download, they are not downloading the main one, instead, Actinic copies the dd file, and renames it and gives that link to the client. When the expiry period is over, then it will get deleted, but the original one is still there

It is secure, the only way it is not secure, is by the seller maybe giving generic names to the product, or removing the index.html file within the dd folder, thus if folder view is set on, they can see what content is there

Hope that makes sense

Kind Regards

Comment

Nadeem,
                just trying to get this straight,

if the original file is called blue.zip

actinic renames the file sends a link encripted.

Once the customer has downloaded the file, is not the file name blue.zip or is it the name of the actinic file?

Comment

Hey Des

Actinic will copy the blue.zip to the dd folder and rename that copied file, so it be a set of ip address or different character, eg 49.595.3003.32HkHkS_blue.zip

The customer would be given that link, once the expiry period is gone, Actinic will delete 49.595.3003.32HkHkS_blue.zip, yet blue.zip would still be on the dd folder for the next client to purchase

Kind Regards

Comment

Ok Nadeem,

I have understood all of that many thanks for your help,

My faith has been restored in Actinic

Comment

Working...
                    X