Change basic price across the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change basic price across the board

We calculate prices in pounds sterling but use USD as the main currency on the site. Because of the weakness of the £ we find that UK buyers are having to pay a premium.

We want to change all prices across the board in such a way that the £ price remains constant and the dollar price reflects the new exchange rate (i.e. less dollars to pay for US customers) whilst retaining $ as the primary currency.

If we did change to £ as the primary currency, we'd have to reprice every item individually! Not a very satisfactory solution.

Any ideas please?

Ken

Hi,

In general Actinic displays multiple currencies but accepts payments in only the primary currency that is defined in Business Settings. The secondary price is calculated from the primary based on the exchange rate set so changing the rate changes the secondary value not the primary, so I'm afraid that I don't think your request is possible.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
      Hi,

In general Actinic displays multiple currencies but accepts payments in only the primary currency that is defined in Business Settings. The secondary price is calculated from the primary based on the exchange rate set so changing the rate changes the secondary value not the primary, so I'm afraid that I don't think your request is possible.
      It seemed to me that it ought to be possible to change the default Retail price in Customer Groups so that an overall change could be made by (say) making Retail price a function (e.g. *1.10 or * 0.80). Unfortunately Retail price seems to be permanently fixed as it's always greyed out.

Ken

Comment

Working...
      X