Many Items Not Included into the Froogle Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Items Not Included into the Froogle Feed

Now this is starting to feel ridiculous. I never imagined I would experience so many problems with PAID software.

Marketing -> Export Froogle Feed stopped working correctly for no aparent reason. It approaches the task on selective basis by deciding which product should be included and which should not. From around 400 products it included only 236. There are no duplicates at all - they are all real products.

Have you ever seen anything like that and is there any other solution apart from copy-paste 164 titles, descriptions and urls?
    Eco-Friendly House

Sections can be excluded from the Google Product Feed by ticking the box for "Exclude from Google Product Search Data Feed" in the General tab for a section.

It might be worth checking that this is not casuing the problem.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

There is also a box to tick to exclude products that cannot be ordered online, are the missing items available to order on the webiste, I assume that out of stock items may be excluded if this box is ticked, although I have not used it myself so am not certain.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

It very unlikely that Actinic would suddenly stop including 164 items, check your file in excel and see how many lines it has exported. You will probably find that they are all still there but Google is rejecting them. Google changes it's feed requirements frequently and so it's likely that some of your items are missing required values (manufacturer or brand possible).

If you find that 164 items are no longer being generated for the file, try running it through my product mash software. there is a free trial so it won't cost you anything to do this :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Froogle_Mash.html

select just google base, enter a filename into the options and click on mash, then when it's completed running, click on the button called 'Show products not processed' and it will tell you why they were excluded, this might help you work out why Actinic isn't including them.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi I found that Froogle (google shoping) will not publish a product if there is no text in the product full description box when Actinic generates the data feed hope this is of help.

Comment

Well, thank you for your suggestions. However, I didn't even attempt to upload the file to Froogle. Considering the limited output of Actinic feed, it takes a lot of manual work and additional attributes before I say "it's ready".

What I did in fact was opening the file in Excel and yes, the result was that 164 products were missing.

I just double-checked that I haven't excluded any sections by mistake.

I think it is a software issue because now I'm finding it difficult to update the shop. It dies on reaching "Reviewing Files", the dialog just disappears without any error message.
            Eco-Friendly House

Comment

I agree with Garry.

If you do a manual upload of Actinic's froogle file via google base, it does tell you the total items, how many were added (without problems), and how many had problems (were not added) - it told me that that xxxx items have no description... I'm in the slow process of adding descriptions...

Rgds.

Comment

it told me that that xxxx items have no description... I'm in the slow process of adding descriptions...
                The Mole End froogle feed should automatically use the short description if a long description isn't available, this gets around this requirement. Not much help if you are using the built in generation but FYI anyhow.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X