Delivery address/customer accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery address/customer accounts

My business is selling parcel deliveries on line (see http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk). As such my customers typically send parcels from a single address but to different addresses each time.

I want to enable customer accounts but find that the customer is offered the option to use the preset delivery address on checkout page 2. (S)he is also given a list of addresses in their address book. I actually need the customer to enter the delivery address from scratch, rather than select any address offered, since I have a range of added validation that I apply in the checkout page and the customer won't be able to progress through to payment unless (s)he enters the address manually. As I said before the delivery addresses are typically different each time anyway.

I can provide the option to enter the address from scratch but can't remove the option to select the preset address. Can anyone advise how this can be achieved? I guess it may require Perl modifications?

Thanks in anticipation

Denis

Hi Denis,

I've managed to do this without editing the perl scripts but take a backup of the site before trying this out:

- go to the 'Design' menu and select 'Library'
    - on the 'Layouts' tab, expand the 'Checkout Area' group (click the '+')
    - double-click on the 'Delivery Address Fields' layout to edit it
    - locate the following (around lines 37-45):

Code:
    <Actinic:VAR NAME=ADDRESS_TABLE VALUE="
    %s
    <TABLE WIDTH=<actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH" /> BORDER=1 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=1 BGCOLOR=%s><TR><TD>
    <TABLE WIDTH=100%% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=4 BGCOLOR=%s>
    %s
    </TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TABLE>
    %s
    "/>
    - comment this code out by surrounding it with <!-- and -->
    - click 'Apply' and update the site.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...