Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Adjustments

On 9.0.2.

I've added an adjustment and subsequently decided I need to delete it. When trying to delete it by highlighting then clicking delete adjustment it deletes. However when you apply > OK and then view the product the adjustment returns.

This seems to be some kind of bug as searching the forum I see that this occured in version 5 with no solution.
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

We find exactly the same problems, we also find adustments over-write each other and even the history of the deleted adjustments still appear on the invoice making it a right mess. In some cases, we delete the entire order and start again. No idea if 9.0.3 is any better as we returned to 9.0.2 before trying out adjustments.

Comment

9.0.3 just as bad I'm afraid
      www.satellite.ie

Comment

Hi,

Can you check the following please:

- close Actinic
        - browse to your site folder and locate the 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' file (take a backup)
        - open the file with MS Access (preferably Access 2000)
        - double-click on the 'OrderDetail' table to open it
        - scroll across the table to find the 'OrderDetailID' column
        - click on the column header to highlight the column
        - click the 'Sort Ascending' icon in the toolbar ('A' above 'Z' with a down pointing arrow on it)
        - there shouldn't be any blank fields in this column but if there are they will now be shown at the top of the column and this could be what's causing the problem
        - to fix it, take a look at the last field in the column and make a note of the number in it
        - you then need to enter the next sequential number into the first blank field (at the top of the column) and press the down arrow on your keyboard and you should see the sequential numbering carry on to the next blank field. Keep pressing the down arrow until the blank fields all have IDs in them (don't worry if you go over a field that already contains a number as it won't change). NOTE that this works with Access 2000 but I think the later versions don't do this so if you have a later version then either enter the IDs in manually if there aren't too many or use Excel to enter the numbers using the autofill feature (I can explain this if anyone would like me to) and copy the number of IDs you need for the number of blank fields and then highlight the blank fields in Access and paste the IDs in.
        - when you have done that go to the 'View' menu and select 'Design View'
        - find 'OrderDetailID' under the ' Field Name' column
        - right-click on it and select 'Primary Key' (a little key icon should appear next to the field)
        - click the 'save' icon in the toolbar
        - close the database and re-open Actinic and see if the adjustment goes for good after deleting it.

If you don't have Access or are not confident at doing the above then I suggest you contact support to check it for you.

If the problem existed in an earlier version of the software then unfortunately it will still appear in v9 as we have not been able to get to the bottom as to how the 'OrderDetailID' field loses it's primary key. But if anyone can remember what they did before it started happening it may be helpful for us in tracking it down (importing orders for example).
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I have taken a quick look at a recent snap shot of the data base and I have over 90 blank fields in the OrderDetailID column and these all relate to adjustments. The sequential numbering is a little confusing as it starts from 2, reaches 11,307 and then jumps to 1246576949 and increments to 1246580788. So what numbering range should I put into the blank fields?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

So what numbering range should I put into the blank fields?
            I'd start from 1246580789. I'm guessing the big jump in numbers is because you deleted a load of orders at some point?
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

We have deleted very few orders because we are including the 'also bought' feature on the site so the sales history is needed. The only orders deleted and it was only a few was where the order adjustments made simply too much mess of the invoice so we started those orders again.

I will have a go at filling in the gaps on the live system at the weekend after this weeks order processing.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cooper View Post
                Hi Tracey,

We have deleted very few orders because we are including the 'also bought' feature on the site so the sales history is needed. The only orders deleted and it was only a few was where the order adjustments made simply too much mess of the invoice so we started those orders again.
                Then it would appear that the access database is corrupt, that size of number suggests that ASCII data as been inserted into the id field, the number translates to JMA5 as an ASCII string.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                X