Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing prices directly within the Actinic Access database

Hi,

I've had a look at the ActinicCatalog.mdb file and can see that my product options are stored in a table called ProductProperties.

I sell light switches on my site and for every product you have the option of selecting the correct backbox from a dropdown list. These prices have now changed and I need to update them for hundreds of products. I can see that the different price permutations are stored in a field called nValue1 within the access database.

To save me going through hundreds of products and changing prices is it viable for me to write a simple query to update these values rather than doing it directly from within Actinic?

I know I could just try it and see if it works but I wanted to get feedback from anyone who works this way first in case there are any problems in doing this?

All the best for 2009.
    Rob

Ultra slim, ultra stylish light switches, dimmers and plug sockets for your home or business
    The Decorative Switch Company - Imagine The Possibilities

I regulary update the prices on a site through the db, but i do it manually, but then i can type numbers without looking and just press the down arrow for the next cell.

Just remember - "BACKUP YOUR DB 1st"

Comment

Mole-End have a price updating tool you may find it beneficial to look at this, it probably has a`30 day trial

Comment

Mole-End have a price updating tool
        Just about to post the same

Comment

Thanks for the replies, great relief that it can be done this way. I'll have a look at the Mole-End price-updating tool as well.
          Rob

Ultra slim, ultra stylish light switches, dimmers and plug sockets for your home or business
          The Decorative Switch Company - Imagine The Possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by Decswitch View Post
            Thanks for the replies, great relief that it can be done this way. I'll have a look at the Mole-End price-updating tool as well.

I have just used this 30 day free trial to update 300 items.

The only problem I had was that you could only increase product costs percentage wise and not to a specific price and also the percentage could only be a whole number.

For example I needed to increase the price from £12 to £14. I could not input the £14 so I thought I could increase the price by 16.7% instead but the program would not let me.

It took a lot of adding x% then minus y% to reach the correct figure.

Otherwise its a fab product.

Andrew
            Jewellery247.co.uk
            AndrewBerry.com

W: http://www.WelshGoldOnline.co.uk
            W: http://www.jewellery247.co.uk
            W: http://www.AndrewBerry.com

Comment

Working...
            X