missing home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing home page

Site has uploaded OK but the index page cant be found, I have changed the index page name to odc.html and the checkbox to use as website home page is checked. If I click store top the page is OK but if I click home the page cant be found. The site index.html page is OK, ANY IDEAS?

I have changed the index page name to odc.html
    Index page should be named index.html - thats why its called the index page

Comment

Presumably if you want to name your home page odc.html then you will need to create a redirect from index.html to odc.html, as this is the base of all HTML webpages.

Comment

Hi, the odc.html file doesn't upload so I cant link to it, when I first uploaded the site Actinic asked whether I wanted to overwrite index.html which I did not so I clicked "no". If I rename the homepage to index.html it does not overwrite the current homepage, its as if its selected not to upload, though its checked as the home page.

Comment

please, do yourself a big favour and comply with web standards, rename your index file back to index.html

Comment

I know what you mean, but there must be a way to have a index.html that links to the "Actinic site homepage" so I can do what I want with the homepage (index.html) and create a link to the ecommerce par tof the site. Cheers

Comment

Call your acatalog page shop.html and them place a link to that page on your existing index.html page that will take people to your shop.

Comment

Hi, that basically what I've done but the "shop html" file in my case odc.html does not upload

Comment

Start again with a default site and get that working before you play - you are trying to run before you can walk.

Comment

Do a website refresh not an update.

Comment

Hi, just refreshed the site, same problem, if I click "view online website" I still get page cant be found, if I typr the URL to a product page it all works fine until I click "Home"

Comment

URL is

Comment

the address to a product page

Comment

the address to a product page
                            And it is what

Comment

Sorry,
                              http://www.officedesksandchairs.co.uk/odc/Desks.html
                              http://www.officedesksandchairs.co.uk/index.html

Comment

Working...
                              X