Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi User and External Links Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi User and External Links Questions.

I am currently running v9.03 and sharing a site accross 3 computers in the office, with the database file running from a server.

The site has become quite large and as the products need to be constantly updated I have been looking into the option of using the external linking feature on our site.

I have found a few problems that hopefully someone can help with:

1. As the catalog database file in on the server, Actinic is very sluggish to use. Is there any way of speeding this up or is it just the way it is?

2. Following on from 1. After setting up the external linking to an external database (which is also on the server) Actinic has become unbearably slow - When setting up the linkage it took about 20 minutes after clicking OK for actinic to start responding again and it completely grinds to a halt if the 'link all products if possible' setting is checked!!! Can anything be done to quicken things up?

3. After this initial wait, it becomes even more frustating when the linkage seems to disconnect and the products revert back to their previous datum. You then have to go through all the linkaging wait again! Is there anything that can be done to make sure the linking is not disconnected? (it happens some times when the external database and Actinic is open, can this be a problem?)

4. It appears that the information that you change in the external database does not make a permanent change to main catalog product details and that the changes can only be seen if the 'Use External Data' option is clicked on at product level -
    • Is there a way of easily turning this check on for multiple products (Not the setting in external links -as actinic never comes back to life once this setting is used)?
    • Is there a way of making the external database data overwrite the main catalog data, so that at least work done on the external database can be of use when the linkage stops working?

Please help, I'm tearing my hair out at the moment

We had our sites on a networked harddrive and found all computers run slow especially changin sites

When we put the DB back on the main maintanance computer there was no change to the slave computer users but made a much faster maintance computer
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
    X