Actinic Unexpectedly Quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Unexpectedly Quits

I've recently upgraded to v9.0.3 and when I click on the publish to web button Actinic will just quit after a few seconds, as it's checking the website etc. I have to do this a few times before it manages to begin to upload a website.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I get this too,
    I think its just how it is unfortunately.
    Sometimes i have to keep uploading until it gets past the checking sections before i can leave it uploading

Out of interest how many products do you have, have you modified the site heavily e.g. added extra javascripts, changed the php/perl files etc?
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Yes that's exactly how it is for me and it is quite heavily modified with a couple of add-ons. The site is http://www.beds247.co.uk

Comment

I reported this to Actinic Support in early November - the impression I got was that no one else had this problem! Three months later I am still having this problem and do not appear to be any nearer to a fix - they assure me they are working on the problem but when I called again earlier this week they had closed the support call.

Using Mole End Stock Control module is now not an option so every time an order comes in we need to download and upload the site manually.

We have a support contract - I am now beginning to wonder why!

Comment

I've not seen this happening. I assume you have tried reinstalling actinic on your pcs.

Comment

I've seen this happen when I have back up software running at the same time. The back up takes priority so Actinic doesn't have access to the files it needs to upload. Rather than mess about with priorities in Task Manager, I simply disable or pause the interfering process(es) while I'm uploading.

It might be worth checking your Task Manager to see what's happening at the same time as you are uploading.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Have reinstalled - Actinic now on dedicated PC with nothing else loaded - still problems.

I think that off-line orders via the new orders tab are also making the upload crash.

Comment

Following on from Jules advice, I've recently started setting the Priority of Catalog.exe to 'High' on my machine. This seems to both make Actinic marginally quicker as well as reducing the number of times I get the 'Not Responding' egg-timer in Actinic when doing 'intensive' tasks, especially in the Design tab.

Comment

I'll try setting the priority to high as well and see if that helps, because previously when I did a site backup it goes into not responding mode for a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by fgs View Post
                    I'll try setting the priority to high as well and see if that helps, because previously when I did a site backup it goes into not responding mode for a few minutes.
                    This is what happened to me every time when importing or exporting a snapshot. This now rarely happens. Ensure your Anti Virus isn't running a scan or anything else that drains resources from your machine.

Comment

On some sites actinic is definately more resource Hungary than others when importing and exporting. I always make sure that actinic is the only thing running when doing these operations.

Comment

What operating system are you using?

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Have only Actinic Running.

Now on XP Proffesional - changed over from Vista PC.

Same problems on both machines.

Comment

Get another actinic user to test your snapshot on thier pc. If it works ok then it's your pc that's the problem - if it fails then it's the site itself that's causing the problem.

Comment

On some sites actinic is definately more resource Hungary
                              i thought that was just PPP.

Mark - if you want to send me your snapshot i'll take a look, ftp it to yur webspace and send me a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X