Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading image to me as part of order

Hi
    I'm currently working on a section of my site which will be selling Thermofax screens (for screenprinting). I want to be able to offer custom screens - the customer will send me an image and I will create a printing screen for them. I would therefore like them to be able to upload an image to me as part of the ordering sequence. I can find lots on downloading digital files but not on uploading. Any idea on how this could be done? I'm using v 8.5.2.
    Cheers, Ruth

Take a look at Norman's image upload here:
    http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html

Comment

This is not part of Actinic as standard. I've done two add-ons that might help.

Image Upload - lets you upload a .JPG file with a product. You get a preview icon of this file on the product page and the Cart. The filename is shown in the printed reports. The image processing involved requires significant server resources.

File Upload - upload a file with a product. The file can be one of a number of predefined types (.pdf, .tiff, .jpg, etc). The filename display on the product and cart and in the printed reports. Is light on server resources.

Details on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Gosh, that's what I call a quick response! Thanks both. Norman - I think the file upload would probably do the job but I have a couple of queries.

1. I want the users to have the option of uploading an image or not (sometimes they'll send me a paper copy in the post. Is this possible with your add-on?
        2. I haven't used an Actinic add-on before so I'm not sure how they work - how are they installed and where does this particular one appear to the customer?

Comment

1) File upload comes with two alternative Product Layouts. One where the uploaded file is optional and another where it's mandatory. You choose the one you need under Product Details / Layouts / Product Layout.

2) This comes as a partial site design that you import and it adds the additional functionality without altering your existing design.

Best email me for further info - via link under my avatar over there on the left.

Comment

If the customers buys something and chooses to upload a file, where does the file go? Where does it end up? on the server? How or where is it referenced in the sellerdeck order?

Comment

The uploaded files are put in a "tmp" folder on your server. The file name appears on the downloaded order in the Other Info area. There are also helper web pages that display the list of uploaded files and have download links.

Comment

Working...
              X