Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Capabilities Advice

Hi,

I'm a freelance designer who recently encountered actinic for the first time in a project. The company were using Actinic 8.0 and I've been asked to develop for further functionality, I thought asking you guys who use it every day would be the best bet to see whether moving up to 9.0 would give me some extra functionality I think the site requires. My apologies if some of these are obvious, I'm primarily a visual designer so this is new ground for me.

1. Search results, I've found that search results are listed by list number, product link then price. Has this been developed in 9.0 to be more customisable or perhaps mimic the product list template used when viewing through categories?

2. Can products within specific categories be sorted by different variables such as price dynamically by the consumer whilst browsing?

3. Is there a way for the user to check their orders to see if its processing etc?

4. We currently sell various products which are from the same product range, is it possible to have one as the primary product but when clicked on below it lists the products also within this range, which can all be easily added to the cart?

5. Is there a way to have product dimensions etc as a variable? Instead of having it within the copy?

Sorry if some of this is quite generic, I did briefly go through the forum looking for some answers.

Thanks,

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to the forum.

or perhaps mimic the product list template used when viewing through categories?
    This thread might help - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=31559

2. Can products within specific categories be sorted by different variables such as price dynamically by the consumer whilst browsing?
    Not as standard but Norman at Drillpine has a plug-in for this - see 'Sorted Products / Sections §'

3. Is there a way for the user to check their orders to see if its processing etc?
    Again, not as standard as it requires an online database but Codepath have a plug-in for this.

4. We currently sell various products which are from the same product range, is it possible to have one as the primary product but when clicked on below it lists the products also within this range, which can all be easily added to the cart?
    You could use the related products list for this and edit the layout so that it includes a quantity box and add to cart button - for products with choices you would also have to add the variables for components and attributes.

5. Is there a way to have product dimensions etc as a variable?
    You can create variables for almost anything so I don't see why you can't do this. You could have three, one for 'height', one for 'width' and one for 'depth'.

As far as I can tell everything can be done in v8. I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Search results ... mimic the product list template
      The thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=31559 that Tracy mentions - is quite long. Posts 8 and 9 (you need both) allow the search results to be a list of fully buyable products that can use their own layout.

My Sorted Products Sections can be seen in use on www.snowlines.co.uk (on product pages).
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X