No announcement yet.

Multi currency what if.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should point out that this is a BETA site and the optional currency redirects are not up yet. But will be soon.
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

Comment

As you are probably taking payment by cards, will their not be problems with the stated conversion rate not matching the actual amount taken by the card company who may use a slightly different exchange rate, Or is your PSP set up to accept three currencies

Probably small differences but some customers give so much pain with such high expectations.

If the devil was a customer he would be one of the easy ones, compared to some of mine
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by pixelhaus View Post
        I should point out that this is a BETA site and the optional currency redirects are not up yet. But will be soon.
        That's ok then
        Need a barcode label or card printer? Look no further than OnlyZebra.

Thinking about barcode scanning and whether it could improve your business' efficiency? We can offer a range of products from numerous manufacturers. OnlyAML, OnlyIntermec, OnlyLXE, OnlyOpticon & OnlyPsion or OnlyRugged, the one stop shop for all your needs.

Comment

They will be charged a specific amount in a specific currency across 3 sites. Each of those sites will pass over the amount and the currency type to the gateway which is set up to accept the 3 currencies. What they see is what they pay.
          Richard Gosler
          Dorset, UK

Comment

It's finally up on the correct domain at http://www.aloeride.eu . The currency selector now takes you to 2 subdomains. Would have been up a lot sooner if Netbanx hadn't been so rubbish at their own job. But that's another story... On the plus side, custom payment pages are a bonus but not sure if it was worth the grief.
            Richard Gosler
            Dorset, UK

Comment

Hi Richard
              something's not right.
              I followed your link, chose a product, changed currency to Euro, viewed the Cart.
              Currency shown was Euro.
              Continued.
              This took me back to a page showing Sterling prices.
              Clicked on View Cart and it shows as empty and then bounces me back.

I did this twice - same each time.

Is this a bug, or do you have to choose the currency each time you want to put an item in the cart?
              Kind Regards
              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I saw similar issues. The cart showed no products sometimes also.

Comment

They share a cgi-bin (with different script ID's) which I think is upsetting it on the return, so, I've set up individual cgi-bins in the subdomains so the paths are different. Hopefully this should sort it (fingers crossed)
                  Richard Gosler
                  Dorset, UK

Comment

Eventually, if you try every conceivable combination of network settings its possible to find one that works! Fixed now, Phew. Thanks for letting me know.
                    Richard Gosler
                    Dorset, UK

Comment

Working...
                    X