cgi-bin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgi-bin question

Hi i am new to Actinic and i have a site which is going on Fasthosts if i can ever sort the upload issues. I am trying to upload to a Linux server, but my cgi-bin is set at 0700 and is required to be 0755.

It might just be me but i have looked in the Network Settings tab and i cant find where i can change these numbers, please if anyone can help.

Thanks

Move hosts now - search the forum and you will see fasthosts don't work with acinic.

Comment

Is it as bad as that i have had so many emails in and out this week its a joke i was giving them until monday, is it not possible to change the cgi-bin from 0700 then to 0755 is that just them making out its my problem?

Comment

Search the forum for "Fasthosts" and see what the ratio of problematic to happy users is.

Then save yourself the grief they all had and move.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ok advice taken, thanks

Comment

I can wholeheartedly recommend UKFast if you're thinking of changing.
            But you'll find plenty of Actinic users recommending other hosts too.
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Fasthosts are ok, actinic sites never work straight away although changing the permissions and cgi scripting does work.
              I run about 10 sites all on fasthosts and once working, have never had any problems.
              One problem is they don't support the new zip compression in 9.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by MJS View Post
                One problem is they don't support the new zip compression in 9.0.3
                Darren does at tametheweb...

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

We use a dedicated server from webfusion. Test site works fine on it straight away.

I presume the live site will to??? fingers crossed
                  Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
                  Buy Fire Extinguishers
                  Fire Extinguishers

Comment

Working...
                  X