Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client wants to upload additional files

Hi - is there any way I can do this?

I've inherited a client who is using Actinic to content manage his site - there's no shop on it, it's all information - and who wants to upload pdf and word documents to the site for his members to download.

He's using Catalog Client, and he doesn't have access to "Additional Files" under the design menu.

Then he will have to manually upload using an FTP client or you will have to do it for him.

Comment

I started a wish list to get the additional files menu added to client so please add your vote as it seams to have fallen on deaf ears at actinic. I have several clients on client who need to do this and I cannot understand why the additional files option is not available.

Comment

I have given up using client software as i found the most ridiculous things have been excluded.

I think the one that got me was the ability to change header/footer text or maybe it was the marketing message.

Oh and don't get me started on the fact there is no upgrade path.

Comment

Thanks all, I suspected as much.

The client's not very techincally minded and really struggled with a previous version of his website that was managed through an FTP client. I suspect getting him to FTP them up is going to be a problem for him.

Do additional files get purged when a site is republished?

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
            I started a wish list to get the additional files menu added to client so please add your vote as it seams to have fallen on deaf ears at actinic. I have several clients on client who need to do this and I cannot understand why the additional files option is not available.
            Either I'm a real simpleton or the forum search isn't too hot, but I can't find it, otherwise I would

What do you do for these clients instead?

Comment

Working...
            X