Confused about the library, and lists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about the library, and lists.

i am poking about in the library, and i encountered icons that i cannot create, nor can i delete.

a small grid with pink squares down the left.

they are list layout selectors of some kind?

what are they for? why cant i create one?

I too have tried to create a new list layout in the past, but gave up in the end. I wanted to create a Customer comments list using a modified Product Layout and then use the related products feature to link the customer comment/feedback, back to the item they bought.

The layouts create the list layout setting tables you see if you click on the orange text in the Marketing List and TLS List Layouts, but you've probably already worked that out.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I got round it by copying one
      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

But im sure you are talking about creating a new one in a section where there isnt one in the first place, which i haven't managed to do
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

I can't remember if I tried copying one to solve it, perhaps I should investigate again...

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

creating a new one in a section where there isnt one in the first place
            You have to:

Create a New Layout Type - and under Rules choose List and select a list type.

Now within that layout type you can create new layouts and they will automatically be of type list. You don't get the informative grid icon though.

You only get the grid type icon if you're adding a list layout to an existing layout type and choose to base it on an existing Actinic one.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Cheers for that Norman...

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Working...
              X