Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to change the column widths in the “customer email”?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I need to show the product Ref in the customer email, but when I switch this on, the column widths change and the “COST” and order totals wrap round to the next line. This make the email very difficult to read – see attached image.

The REF column is much wider than I need. I could reduce this by half.

Thanks for any help

Lee
    Attached Files

The REF column is much wider than I need. I could reduce this by half.
    OrderScript.pl sets this column width to be the larger of the Product Reference Character Count (default 20) or the length of the "REF" caption (e.g. 3).

Go to Settings / Business Settings / Options and set Product Reference Character Count to the maximum you'll ever use.

Techhy note: Perl tweakers can search OrderScript.pl for "ColumnWidth" and they'll see how the assorted columns widths are handled. E.g. The product ref:
    Code:
    		$nProdRefColumnWidth = $$::g_pSetupBlob{PROD_REF_COUNT} > (length ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 97)) ?
    			$$::g_pSetupBlob{PROD_REF_COUNT} : (length ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 97));
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The QUANTITY field can be shrunk too. It's set to the minimum of 6 or the length of the word "QUANTITY" which can be changed via Design / Text / Goto / 159.

To reduce it below 6, edit OrderScript.pl and look for
      Code:
      	my $nQuantityColumnWidth = 6 > (length ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 159)) ? 6 : (length ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 159));
      and change those two 6's for say 3 or 4. Using "QTY" and 3 would save quite a lot of space.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, worked perfectly.

Lee

Comment

Working...
        X