Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Product list layout in sidebar

Hi
    I've put the 'new products' list layout in the sidebar of my site and it only shows the title 'New Products' and then the name of the product. If I also put it in the homepage then it puts in the price, a small image and the description with a link to the product page.

I'd really like just the name of the product, price, the small image and the link that says 'find out more' to appear in the sidebar, there's plenty of room for it. How can I do this, can't find an option anywhere for me to edit/change.

Many thanks Deborah

Settings -> Site Options -> Layout -> New Products List

Choose which layout you want there.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

yes, went there first. If you choose 'sidebar only' as the location you can only use the 'new products list layout for sidebar' which then gives you 3 choices of layout: sidebar new product list or new product with horizontal dividers or sidebar new products list in a box.

None of these have a layout which includes images etc, you only see that if you have the products on the homepage so still same problem

Comment

There are 4 separate settings you can specify within the new products area where you are, try some of the others to see what happens. There is an image layout there for you. Item layout could well be the one?

Comment

Where do you mean? Nothing else in site options/layout/new product list

Comment

.. if you were thinking of 'new products item layout for section pages' this only works if you have the new product list on the main home page and not in the sidebar

Comment

If you do not have 4 options to control, then you are either in the wrong place or something bad has happened to your catalog which will probably need actinic support help. Perhaps you could supply a screenshot so we can see where you are working, i think you are in the wrong place if you cannot see a sub heading of new products and then 4 separate options underneath it. There is the same for best sellers too.

Comment

Yes, i can see 4 options under both products and best sellers but you can only use 2 of them in the sidebar option. See the help tutorial below:

How do I change what my best sellers and new product lists look like?
                At the bottom of the 'Layout' panel in 'Settings | Site Options', there are some options for the layout for your best sellers lists and new products lists.

For the new products list:

· Use the 'Location For New Products List' setting to change where the new products list appears – brochure home page, or sidebars or both.

· Use the 'New Products List Layout (For Sidebars)' setting to decide how the list of new products will look in the sidebar of each page.

· Use the 'New Products List Layout (For Section Pages)' and 'New Products Item Layout (For Section Page)' settings to decide how your list of new products will look when they appear within the main part of the store pages. These settings will only be used if you have a section where the 'Main Product Area Layout' is set to be a 'New Products Listing Page'.

... but the 'New Products List Layout (For Sidebars) doesn't give you any layout options, can't seem to edit these anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah View Post
                  If you choose 'sidebar only' as the location you can only use the 'new products list layout for sidebar'
                  See attached for the settings we use - see also S'store url below. I think I am not understanding what you require
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

If people listened and followed advice a little more, rather than pasting tutorials or disagreeing with what has been said, i reckon they would get their problems fixed almost immediately most of the time. What is the point of asking for advice, if you do not listen.

Comment

Working...
                    X