Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hierarchical Product Import

Hi Every One

I am trying to update all of my product prices and I have a custom variables price. I have been told that I need to to an CSV Hierarchical import.

I have looked up about this on the help file and on HERE already. I have made a Hierarchical CSV file that I think I right.

I would be very grateful if someone could have a look to see if I have done it right or wrong.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

It's much better to export one from actinic, adjust it and then reimport it. It is in the right format then and has the best chance of working. Do a snapshot before you try and you can always return if you have messed it up. There is only you that can tell whether it has worked or not by trying it.

PS - If it is just for price updates, you may find a flat file import far easier and better.

Comment

That file you posted is defiantly not the way to go. You are probably using something that is way over your head.

Stick with Lee's advice as this is defiantly the way to go

Also look in your site folder and look in the common folder as there are examples of this in there.
      You will see what a proper full blown hierarchical file should be then
      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

"quote" PS - If it is just for price updates, you may find a flat file import far easier and better.

You can not change an custom variables in a flat file import.

I already exported one from actinic all ready and looking at it it will take just as long. I have tried importing the csv file that i made and it does work.

Just want to know if it will mess the database up.

Thanks

Comment

The file you attached should not mess anything up. However always make a snapshot prior to importing.

Comment

You will be alright.
            I just had to do one with 6000 products on it with different price permutations and choices.
            As long as you back up you will be fine.

You can just back up the database instead of the entire site by exiting out of actinic and when the backup prompt shows click on the furthest left button that says 'Database Backup'
            Then if you need to restore just go to Housekeeping | Backup | Recover Database… and select the backup.mdb file that is located in the site folder
            "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

You need to know how to add your custom Variables to the hierarchical import.

Here is your original file:
              Code:
              Header:Product,Product Reference,Short Description,Price,Image Filename,ProductOldPrice,IsDeleted
              Product,JG103784-11,Flush Ceiling Lights,12708,DAR\ACO0541.jpg,149.5,0
              Product,JG103783-11,Wall Light,7438,DAR\ACO3041.jpg,87.5,0
              Product,JG103785-11,Table Lights,8458,DAR\ACO4041.jpg,99.5,0
              Product,JG103786-11,Floor Standing Lights,15725,DAR\ACO4941.jpg,185,0
              And now the same thing with a custom Variable "Manufacturer" added.

Code:
              Header:Product,Product Reference,Short Description,Price,Image Filename,ProductOldPrice,IsDeleted,Manufacturer
              Product,JG103784-11,Flush Ceiling Lights,12708,DAR\ACO0541.jpg,149.5,0,Acme
              Product,JG103783-11,Wall Light,7438,DAR\ACO3041.jpg,87.5,0,Bustco
              Product,JG103785-11,Table Lights,8458,DAR\ACO4041.jpg,99.5,0,""
              Product,JG103786-11,Floor Standing Lights,15725,DAR\ACO4941.jpg,185,0,Acme
              Just added the variable names to the end of the Header:Product and added the values to the end of the Product lines. Use "" for null values.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks you for all you advice and help

Comment

The key difference between Actinic V8 / V9 and earlier versions is that you have to create the custom variable before you can import it. With earlier versions you could also create them. Once you have created the variables though, it's a whole lot easier in the later version that it was in the old one.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There's also a tool to help you convert basic flat-files to hierarchical files called 'FlatFileConvertor.exe' and can be found in the 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v9' folder.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                    X