2 or 3 shipping tariffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 or 3 shipping tariffs

I currently have 1 shipping tariff on my website for express delivery charge to my customers for next day delivery but i want to give my customers more choice and options.
    I now want to have 2 other tariffs for my customers to choose from.
    Firstly for a cheaper shipping charge for 3 - 5 days delivery.
    and then another more expensive charge for shipping frozen goods.
    It is not possible for the frozen goods to use the shipping supplement as each country and zone will have a different shipping cost.

I`m not sure how to set this up so a customer can choose on the checkout pages what shipping tariff they would like to use.

Dose anyone know the best way of doing this?
    Any help will be very grateful

Hi Simon, have a read of the help within actinic on 'shipping' it has a lot of information and will explain what you need to do. You will need to create 2 new classes, have a good read through the help though, it will spell it out and show pictures too. If you get stuck having a go, explain to us what you have done so far and provide a screenshot if possible, one of use will help you correct it then.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Hi Simon, have a read of the help within actinic on 'shipping' it has a lot of information and will explain what you need to do. You will need to create 2 new classes, have a good read through the help though, it will spell it out and show pictures too. If you get stuck having a go, explain to us what you have done so far and provide a screenshot if possible, one of use will help you correct it then.
      Ok thanks i will have a read and give it a try over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        Ok yes Ive looked at this, what i am looking to do is fine for other countries.
        Ie for France i can just create 2 new classes and put the costs into there. This goes for all the other countries, and seams straight forward for that.

But i have a complication for my local country Spain.
        For my shipping tariffs in Spain, i have different charges for each County zone within Spain, ie (Madrid, Seville, Murcia etc) I have created these zones within the class for Spain.
        I did this because i also offer different delivery charges and free delivery if they spend over an amount only in our local costa del sol zone. We deliver with our own van on the costa del sol, so using the class section for this gave us a way of doing this. This part is only for cost del sol users only.

But now i have the problem of wanting to create a frozen foods delivery charge for each County zone in Spain and another charge for a cheaper 3 - 5 day delivery charge.
        But because i have already used the classes to create each county Zone, i cant see a way to add to these.
        I have pasted a part of my shipping table for you to see.
        You will see also were i created a shipping class called Costa del sol zone, these are what i use for our local deliveries.
        Is there perhaps a better way to set all this up?

ShippingZone 13 Spain
        ShippingZoneMember 281
        ShippingZone 14 France
        ShippingZoneMember 157
        ShippingZone 15 Portugal

ShippingClass 77 Costa Del Sol ZONE 1 Costa Del Sol ZONE 1 1 1 0
        ShippingClass 78 Costa Del Sol ZONE 2 Costa Del Sol ZONE 2 1 1 0
        ShippingClass 79 Costa Del Sol ZONE 3 Costa Del Sol ZONE 3 1 1 0
        ShippingClass 80 Costa Del Sol ZONE 4 Costa Del Sol ZONE 4 1 1 0
        ShippingClass 13 Malaga not in Costa Zone Zone 1 Rest of malaga 1 1

ShippingClass 13 Malaga not in Costa Zone Zone 1 Rest of malaga 1 1
        ShippingClass 14 Cordoba (z2) Zone 2 Cordoba 1 1
        ShippingClass 15 Granada (z2) Zone 2 Granada 1 1
        ShippingClass 16 Sevilla (z2) Zone 2 Sevilla 1 1
        ShippingClass 17 Huelva (z3) Zone 3 Huelva 1 1
        ShippingClass 18 Almeria (z3) Zone 3 Almeria 1 1
        ShippingClass 19 Ciudad Real (z4) 1 1
        ShippingClass 20 Alicante (z5) Zone 5 Alicante 1 1

Comment

Hi,

I would create 'states' of Spain in 'Settings | Locations' and then create a zone for each area. You can then add the classes for the delivery options to each zone.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
            Hi,

I would create 'states' of Spain in 'Settings | Locations' and then create a zone for each area. You can then add the classes for the delivery options to each zone.
            aaarrrr, ok, i will have a look at that, that sounds like a good idea. I will have a look in the help to find out how to do that.
            Thanks Tracey

Comment

Hi,

Hmmmm, ok i created a test Country (Spain Test) in Settings / Locations.
              Then i created in the State section 2 states, (Granada & Malaga)

Then Saved
              i went to settings / Business Settings / Shipping and Handling
              then in the Zone/Class tables i added a new zone.
              In that zone i selected the new (Spain Test) country to put into the left box, then clicked ok.

i then could see in the Zones list my new (Spain Test) Country.
              BUT, i cant see the states i added to this country to be able to give each state a different shipping cost.
              Am i doing something wrong?
              how do i see each state in this section so i can add different shipping classes to each state within the New (Spain Test) Country Zone.

At the moment i seem to be able to only select shipping classes for the country as a whole.

I am using Actinic V8

Comment

then in the Zone/Class tables i added a new zone.
                In that zone i selected the new (Spain Test) country to put into the left box, then clicked ok.
                What you should have done is expanded the 'Spain Test' option by clicking on the '+' beside it and you would see your two 'states' (Malaga and Granada). Highlight one of them (see attached image) and click the '<' button to move it to the 'members' list. Then create another zone and do the same for the 2nd 'state'. Then you can create the appropriate shipping classes for each area.
                Attached Files
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

What you should have done is expanded the 'Spain Test' option by clicking on the '+' beside it and you would see your two 'states' (Malaga and Granada). Highlight one of them (see attached image) and click the '<' button to move it to the 'members' list. Then create another zone and do the same for the 2nd 'state'. Then you can create the appropriate shipping classes for each area.
                  Got it, did as you said there then did a test on the site, it now brings up a box for the state next to country and so the customer can then select the state or should i say the province they are from and then on the next page they can choose there shipping tariff.
                  I can then make the 4 Costa del sol zones into states too so will work out great.

Fantastic, i have to rewrite my entire shipping tables but this will work out a much better solution for my customers when i finish it.
                  Thanks for your help Tracey, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X