JavaScript Popup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JavaScript Popup

I would like to add a javascript link below and at the centre of my main product image. At the moment I can nearly acheive this but the same code is carried throughout my products. I need to make each pop up relevent to the given product.
    I would also like to add size, position, no toolbar & scroll to the popup.

Any advice?

Use normans one from drillpine.biz

Comment

Where?

Hi Mal, just been to Normans site and have search for a fix to my problem. http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html
      Can you give me another clue?

Comment

You've not said what you want the popup to do so it's a bit hard to help.

If you want an extra image to appear in the popup and it to be product specific, then you need to create a produclt-level Variable "PopUpImage" of type Filename. Then add code to your layout like (untested pseudo code - see the Starter Guide and Advanced Guide for tutorials):
        Code:
        <actinic:block if PopUpImage != "" >
          <a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('<actinic:variable name="PopUpImage" />',500,500);">Click me</a>
        </actinic:block>
        We're using Actinic's built-in ShowPopUp routine here.

If you want to use your own then google for tutorials on "javascript window.open".
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman, I am trying to set up a javascript link that will open another page that I have already created.

I'll be contacting you this evening about purchasing your Multi products plug in.
          Looks like it will reall help promote our products.

Comment

I am trying to set up a javascript link that will open another page that I have already created
            The code I posted will do just that. Perhaps rename the variable to "PopUpPage".

You may also want to consider opening your additional page in a GreyBox (http://orangoo.com/labs/GreyBox/) as that's quite classy. See http://www.drillpine.biz/v9greyboxsi...log/Books.html for a demo - the first two products Related Products open in one and the final product uses a boring old popup.

Comment

Sorry guys,
              I haven't been clear. It's an external page (nothing to do with Actinic) I am trying to get the JavaScript link to open. I can use the following code within the description:
              !!<<a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('ShortsSizeGuide.html',633,453);">Boardshorts size guide.</a></BR>>!!
              And this works fine.

If I try to apply the same theory below my product image the link populates all products.

Comment

If I try to apply the same theory below my product image the link populates all products
                Yes it will - you will need to create a variable to add the unique url to

Comment

If I try to apply the same theory below my product image the link populates all products.
                  That's because you're altering an Layout that's used by all images. Use my post #4 instead. It uses a Condition so that nothing is generated unless the file exits. You could also use another Variable instead of "Click me" to contain the text to click.

Comment

Working...
                  X