Currencies (Multi & Forced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currencies (Multi & Forced)

I am aware of the tools by great contributors such as "Drillpine" etc for showing prices in another currency, but such tools all use the same method of calculating upon the base currency value in Actinic and converting at the either pre-defined r.o.e. or that taken from a live service such as Textor.

What I'd like to achive is being able to show a product in perhaps US Dollars, another in Sterling and even a consolidation of quantity breaks that up to say 500 units the price is in Sterling but at 501+ it's in Dollars...

Why? Well when importing and as the rates of exchange are so volatile it would be great to be able to sell wholesale items at the import (buying) currency and let the buyer suffer any movement in the r.o.e., allowing us to concentrate on the business rather than the markets... Thus any UK stock price has been imported and paid for, calculated the selling price with any exchange rate at that point 'set' and we are not affected by the movement. If we set prices at the local currency and that moves dramatically we could be selling a far lower profit or indeed loss...

We need a way to get around this without having to set up a shop for each currency of countries we import from, in other words Actinic needs to go International.

I can't see anyway you can get this without a huge amount of customisation. A major hurdle is that the PSP phase works in a single currency.

If you want to have the second currency rate updated automatically (using the European Central Bank publicly available rates) see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40018
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X