Google Shopping (Froogle) listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Shopping (Froogle) listings

I've added products to Google Shopping, but an issue has arisen re linking to the exact product on a page. In a website I'm working with of CDs, most CDs are placed on a page of items by the same artist. I have tried using the format e.g.
    http://www.cdxpress.co.uk/acatalog/S...vd.html#a10783

i.e. adding the product identifier #a10783 but Google Shopping ignores this extension to the URL so someone clicking through will go to the right page, but not the precise title by that artist. On querying with Google they say products listed on Google Shopping must be on a seperate page i.e. no other titles on same page.

I realise this can be overcome by placing each title on a seperate page, but it would require a lot of work to change. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and / or found an easy solution ?

all of the above

You can't submit multi-product pages to Froogle/GoogleBase any more
    Using a #a link won't work. Google have been removing these for at least 18 months
    You will only get products, on a page by themselves, listed
    You will need to convert your site to 'single product pages' for this

Forum searches for googlebase and SPPs (single product pages) will give more info on this.
    Tracey

Comment

single page products

Thanks for your response - I now see this is an issue which has had a lot of attention. What now surprises me is that Google haven't got round to rejecting listings I have made for 5 websites, all based on multiple product pages. Mayeb I had beter not speak too soon !

Comment

I had the same kind of thing, Google rejecting one feed and not another, it was only two weeks ago that they noticed, so be prepared.
        Web design Bradford

Comment

You can leave multiple products on a page if you make an extended info page for the product and link to that - the standard Actinic feed doesn't allow you to link to the extended information page ATM but my Google base plugin does.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

google shopping single pages

Thanks for that Jan - I will have a look at your plugin, on the websites I'm working with by no means all have extended info on the products, though maybe it wouldn't be so big a job to create these.

Comment

If you do go down that route, John (and, for my own reasons, I use this method on my own site) be aware that those Extended Info pages will be the pages that customers LAND on from GoogleBase.
              It would be prudent to ensure that the extended info page looks like a page of a website, when landed on in isolation, and not just a page (pop up or otherwise) of 'additional info'
              Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by oginet View Post

I realise this can be overcome by placing each title on a seperate page, but it would require a lot of work to change. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and / or found an easy solution ?
                If you choose to go down the 'Single Product per Page' route then our plug-in can generate all that for you and turn your site into SPP with just a few clicks. More information here...
                http://www.codepath.co.uk/actinic_pl...ctiongenerator
                Andy Barrow
                http://www.codepath.biz
                T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
                Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

Working...
                X