no out of stock message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no out of stock message

Hi, just following this kb http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45553

And I have set it up ok, but if I do some test purchases even though the stock levels come off the hidden products, when they stock levels are zero, the product doesn't say 'Out of Stock' it just hides the size options, is there a way of showing this message?

TIA
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Web design Bradford

I think you have to switch this on in V9 on the component options, there is a tickbox to select IIRC.

Comment

You mean the component details? Can't seem to find it

I can do this http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45384

..so either hide the size thats out of stock or have an 'out of stock' next to the size option....
      Ideslly I want to hide them and when completely out of stock on all sizes have the normal 'out of stock' notice for the product itself.
      Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:17 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
      Web design Bradford

Comment

Still struggling with this, can Tracy or someone at Actinic tell me if its possible...

So what I need is the default 'Out of Stock' message to appear when the hidden related product goes out of stock.
        Web design Bradford

Comment

I couldn't find a way of doing it in Actinic (although I am sure it is possible) so I knocked up a query in Access that checks for me. Once a product has all its choices out of stock I hide or delete it manually in Actinic
          Unusual Silver Jewellery
          Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
          Crystal Healing Jewellery
          Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenSpink View Post
            Still struggling with this, can Tracy or someone at Actinic tell me if its possible...

So what I need is the default 'Out of Stock' message to appear when the hidden related product goes out of stock.
            Like THIS?
            Tracey

Comment

hi, no like this:

http://www.design-dev2.co.uk/acatalo..._Sky_Blue.html

Sizes shown or not, and also a disabling of the add to cart button
              Web design Bradford

Comment

right, so you want the MASTER product to show as 'out of stock' when ALL the associated products are out of stock?

Someone asked that exact question recently and got a "no" from TraceyG, I believe
                Tracey

Comment

details of (well TraceyG's response to) previous post HERE
                  Tracey

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
                    Web design Bradford

Comment

the product doesn't say 'Out of Stock' it just hides the size options, is there a way of showing this message?
                      It looks like something has changed in v9. To stop the choice from disappearing if it goes out of stock, go into your 'Drop-down Permutation Entry' layout or 'Radio Button Permutation Entry' layout (depending on which you are using) and double-click on the 2nd 'block if' statement to edit it. You should see:

Code:
                      IsPermutationHidden == FALSE
                      OR
                      (IsPermutationHidden == TRUE AND IsAssociatedProductInStock == TRUE)
                      Remove:

Code:
                       AND IsAssociatedProductInStock == TRUE
                      Click OK and your options should remain visible and with the kb article instructions you should also see the 'out of stock' message.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X