Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cannot connect to you local machine with this licence

Hi,

Ever since we upgraded to the latest update of Actinic we have had a few problems.

We run Actinic Business on a 2 user licence and currently i'm getting this message on the secondary machine:

"You cannot connect to you local machine with this licence"

Can anyone help?

Have you started the master computer with the actinic site folders first

Have you entered the route to the site folder on the second computer

Have you entered the right key into the right computer

Might be worth reinstalling actinic on the second computer after deleting all actinic files from the computer
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris.... A couple of reinstalls seemed to sort things out... cheers

Comment

Hi all

I have a massive problem with my v10 mu system today.

I spoke to actinic support yesterday as I wanted to move the sync server from one machine to another in our network. I was told by the guy on the phone that I could simply swap the licence keys over on the two machines and it would move the sync server to the machine where the main licence is. The machine that has now got the main license on seems to work fine but the machine that has the user licence on gives the message shown above.

I rang back support and was told that I should have uninstalled actinic on both machines and reinstalled it and that is what I should do now.

My question is this:

1) Can I just uninstall and reinstall on the second 'user' machine as the sync server seems to be running on the main license machine or should I reinstall actinic completely on our all machines in our network?

Thanks
        Donna
        Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Hi

I've taken a chance and just reinstalled on the user machine. The sync server seems to have migrated to the main machine and at present we seem to be ok!

D
          Donna

Comment

We did change to sync server to always be on on our server with V9.0.5 regardles of it actinic was open on it, which stopped other machines starting up first and hunting for the sync, the server is never off so they always use it
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

That was the solution I wanted but our server is not windows so I'm told by our IT guy that it can't run on it?? Do you know if yours is windows or not??
              Cheers Chris
              Donna

Comment

Yes windows server 2003, this is the inhouse server not the web dedicated server
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                X