Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort Search Results By Price

Hi

I wonder whether anyone can help. When the user performs a search on our website I'd like the results to be ordered by price - or even better to allow the user to select fow they want to sort the results. Does anyone know how to do this in Actinic 9? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Keep meaning to try this myself..

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37129
    Web design Bradford

Comment

Darren

My Sorting add-on is for Products (multi product pages) and Sections. It doesn't work on the Search results.

I don't think that that what Jon wants is possible without a huge amount of customisation to SearchScript.pl. And the code in there is complex!
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry, thought it sorted search results..
        Web design Bradford

Comment

Thanks for your replies anyway. No worries if it can't be done

Comment

They do get the option to sort by price bands though? Would it take much for actinic to modify that?

Perhaps you should stick it on the wish list...

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hows about Norman's hack on displaying the search results as normal product pages along with his addon of price sorting. Now that would be a thing of beauty........

Comment

That would sort of work but the big gotcha is that the search results are displayed in pages of 20 or so products.

Comment

You set that amount in the search settings though or are we talking about a different setting?

Comment

Lee

You're right. The limit can be disabled, so if we turn that limit off there might be hope.

Comment

That would be quite incredible IMO if an actinic site could do that.

Comment

It works!

I'm at a clients site that already uses my sorting tool and I just added it to their search results page where it's working fine. A bit slow to do the sorting (about 1 second if you've several hundred products in the list) but that may just be their old PC.

Comment

Bit the bullet and went live. See it on www.snowlines.co.uk

Comment

Thats fantastic Norman...that is a very much needed tool on any shopping site. I wonder how quick it would sort the products on one my clients sites: http://www.generateclothing.co.uk/ if you do a search for tshirt theres 145.

q: is it the same script used throughout, or one for the search results, and one for the product pages?

How long before its up for purchase then?

questions, questions, questions
                            Web design Bradford

Comment

Darren

I tried it with about 350 products in the list and it's under a second to sort. The processing is done on the customers browser with nothing needing reloaded from the server.

It will be a free extension to my Sorted Products / Sections add-on that you can find details off on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff

It's available now.

Comment

Working...
                              X