Importing errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing errors

Hello, i made a full website, but changed part of the layout which i wanted to return to the origional settings, but stupidly did not make any back ups or anything of the origional layout. So i imported the last back-up i did make, print screened the layout edit page to edit the values. But then when i went to import the website i had made again it showed up with
    Code:
    FATAL ERRORS
    It is not possible to import a snapshot created by a trial version of Actinic into a trial version of Actinic. Please license one of the sites with a valid Actinic license key.
    I then went down to the shop that are hiring me to make there website, to put it on there version of actinic, and it told me that there was another error, something about a grouped site and a single user.

I am using the free trial of actinic v9 Designer for now, just to see if it is worth me purchasing the real version.
    In the shop, they are running actinic v8 Catalogue.

Cheers
    Sprakie2008

You won't be able to import a V9 site into V8.

Time to pony up the money and licence your copy of Actinic. If you're doing a site design for a customer then you should have done this already.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ah right, maybe why..

well i am thinking of buying it anyway...
      but i am wondering why i cannot edit the site when i signed up for the 30 day free trial, but never got the 30 days of trial.

The customer said that he would buy the product for me, as we may be sorting out a contract, but he wanted to see what i could do before he falked out for it.. cause obviosly it is a fair bit of money, especially at this day in age.

Cheers

Comment

It is not possible to import a snapshot created by a trial version of Actinic into a trial version of Actinic. Please license one of the sites with a valid Actinic license key.
        As it says on the tin - you cannot import snapshots created in the trial software and you cannot import from V9 to V8 as pointed out.

Comment

ok, can i upgrade from version 8 to version 9 without buying the product again? And if put it into the one at the shop, then put it into the one at home, would it still be classed as un-licensed?

Comment

can i upgrade from version 8 to version 9 without buying the product again
            NO - to redesign thier V8 site you will need to use thier licence (assuming they have a full licence) and a copy of V8. You cannot design in V9

Comment

Then that is a bit silly that you have to re-buy the product everytime actinic is improved...
              can i not use there license for v9? (you may be repeating yourself, but im just making sure)

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sprakie View Post
                Then that is a bit silly that you have to re-buy the product everytime actinic is improved...
                You don't - but you do need a support contract to be eligible for upgrades.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by Sprakie View Post
                  Are you saying that you get free upgrades on all of your other pieces of software? Do Sony also send you a new tv after your current one ceases to be made. I'm beginning to think this is a wind up, we have a web designer who knows nothing about the software he uses, nor does he seem to know anything about software in general. Got to be a ringer surely.

Comment

Actinic is not like Photoshop where you can retro-save a file and it works in CS3, CS2 v7 etc. If they are in v8 you need to design in v8. As we are now on v9 you will not be able to get v8 designer.

You need to either use their license or get them to upgrade to v9.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

it would be like adobe giving a free update from CS2 to CS4. Always a price, even if its a discounted one. Sun Tzu would have called it the 'art of business'.
                      Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
                      Buy Fire Extinguishers
                      Fire Extinguishers

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                        Got to be a ringer surely.
                        But he does run a mean disco. Apparently.
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

No this is not a wind up.
                          And for alot of software then yes, you do get free upgrades. Especially on software which is only capable of one thing...

Comment

Care to give us a few examples as I don't know of many. I pay for upgrades for several programs that only do one thing eg dreamweaver, photoshop, windows, office etc etc

Comment

Josh your posts get more bizarre by the minute. Like Mal I can't even think of one useful piece of paid for software that you do not have to pay for an upgrade on. Are you talking about tiny little extras available on the net to do little things here and there? We are talking about major pieces of software that are pretty standard in the web design world nowadays, in order to do your job. If I am way off the mark and you can replace the below list for me with free alternatives, please let me know, I could save a few grand every couple of years and would gladly pass on 25% of the saving to you each time:

Office 2003
                              Dreamweaver CS4
                              Photoshop CS4
                              Windows XP
                              Actinic V9
                              Visual Studio 2005
                              Kaspersky 2009

None of these are free to buy or upgrade, what are we talking about, browsers? That's the only thing of any great use to a designer that I can think of as free.

Comment

Working...
                              X