adding sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding sound

I am adding a new product range each product has its own sound file. Is it possible in actinic to have a sound play when you click to that product? I have read everything i can find but i dont seem to be able to find out if it can be done. Any advice would be a big help i have spent all day on this and not getting close as yet.

Ron

Personally I find nothing more annoying, but it is possible to embed sound to start when the page loads. A search on the internet will show you ways to do this.

A better way IMO is to have a simple flash player on the page such as this:
    http://www.1pixelout.net/code/audio-...dpress-plugin/

Comment

your choice
      pop over to http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/mark/audio/play.htm
      all the information is there for you.
      you could even have it so that the product contains a variable so you can autogenerate the javascript code you need.
      kev

Comment

I'd have to agree, sound on a website really gets on my nerves.

I suppose if you are selling music though it makes good sense!
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Crystal Healing Jewellery
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

thanks for the advice, i agree sound is a pain on sites but they are foil balloons which have there own sound so they sell better if a customer knows what they sound like
          R

Comment

I still think you should make this optional. Click here for audio sample or something similar.

I too hate opening a page and then the speakers blare out god knows what. If I was sneaking a look during in office hours it may well get me into trouble...

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I agree - this is one of the most annoying sites I have ever visited http://www.tjtaxis.co.uk/ and I built the b****y thing! - the client insisted on the music and would not be swayed whatever I said
              The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

I would agree with Rich, make the sound play only when the user clicks on a button asking to here the sound.
                Many potential customers will exit your site within seconds if it starts playing sounds unexpectedly, especially if they are browsing at work or don't want other family members seeing what they are buying or looking at.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse
                Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
                X