Products with price options not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products with price options not working properly

Having spent 109 minutes on hold to technical support and only climbed 3 places in that time I thought I'd post this instead! Gotta love the snow...

I have a clients site that seems to have developed a problem over the weekend. They have a number of products with options that impact on the price. For example:

http://www.thetravellingsouk.com/aca..._Set_1382.html

http://www.thetravellingsouk.com/aca..._Bag_1394.html

http://www.thetravellingsouk.com/aca...poons_371.html

But if you add anything other than the default selected item to the basket, it uses the default items price but shows the alternative selection as the option? Strangely, the last item listed above (spoons) seems OK but according to the client the details are coming through as scrambled so they aren't sure which item has been chosen.

This is causing them no end of grief as they had some PR in the Daily Mail over the weekend so traffic numbers are up, as are order numbers only some of the orders are not coming through properly.

All was fine last week, the products haven't been changed and all are setup in exactly the same way. I've already done a full refresh to no avail.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Charles

ps. Just got cut off by technical support after a near 2 hour wait. Phone answered, cut off immediately. Thanks.

Thanks for the good ol' chuckle at your (or should I say both?) expense.

I held for 86 minutes before I got through. The reason for there being 3 people in a queue in front of me, whom subsequently disappeared from the queue - is because they weren't stubborn enough to hold on, unlike myself

The reason you waited for so long is because there's only the guy I spoke to, one director and one member of the sales staff. Nobody else (as of approximately 11.45) managed to make it into the office, which I am told is caused by the snow being knee high in Surrey.

Just one of those things - not Actinic's fault, blame the Russians for sending us their weather

Comment

obvious suggestion would be that you haven't selected the 'use component prices' in the Pricing model for the main product??
      Tracey

Comment

All was fine last week and I've not changed anything. Each option has its own price and these should override the product price, rather than adding the component amount the original product price.

Very strange.

As for the snow, I can fully sympathise as my journey through rural Oxfordshire wasn't exactly a laugh either. Doesn't make getting cut off after 2 hours any less annoying though!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlesn View Post
          All was fine last week and I've not changed anything.
          Someone obviously did (or those products weren't working in the first place!)

Originally posted by Charlesn View Post
          Each option has its own price and these should override the product price, rather than adding the component amount the original product price.
          I didn't say 'sum of product and component price'
          I said 'sum of component prices' ie uses associated product price/permutation price or whatever
          Tracey

Comment

The client is going back through some orders to double check the last order that came through correctly. That way we can establish a potential date when this was ballsed up.

The only potential culprit I can think of is when we took a snapshot before installing a new product database. The client has had a website built that allows their stallholders (they run events all over the country with stallholders who can now sell through their online store) to add/update/remove products which then generates a product database. We did some testing and reverted back to an old snapshot when it caused some problems. Otherwise, its only been product updates that shouldn't have effected anything else.

Comment

Working...
            X