Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've added a <br/> tag to my short description but can I stop the HTML tag from sh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've added a <br/> tag to my short description but can I stop the HTML tag from sh...

there is a solution in the Knowledge Base at

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45405

but I'm struggling to make it work (V9.3) - can somebody kindly check to see if it works for them

Thanks

Nigel
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:08 PM. Reason: Updating kb links

yup, works as expected.

perhaps its a pbkac?

Comment

Try putting this in instead:
      !!<<br />>!!
      Kind Regards
      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

thanks for that - as it's a pbcak (at least I've learnt what that is) I'll have another go or three or four .....

Comment

The KB article is wrong. Here is the correct code.

In your Product Layout(s) replace:
          Code:
          <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName" />
          with:
          Code:
          <actinic:block php="true">echo str_replace(' &#38;#45; ', '<br/>', '<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>
          Now the " - " will be replaced with a break on the product pages but the dash will appear on the cart, checkout, etc.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
            there is a solution in the Knowledge Base at

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45405

but I'm struggling to make it work (V9.3) - can somebody kindly check to see if it works for them

Thanks

Nigel
            Hello Nigel

The follwing example works in 9.0.3 IMMA

Charles Dickens' classic tale of love, crime and destiny.
            !!<<br>>!!
            Text after HTML break
            Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:07 PM. Reason: Updating kb links

Comment

The KB article is wrong.
              I've updated the kb article. It automatically converts any encoded HTML to its proper character (Grrr).
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Norman - that works fine now

Can I query somethong else with you - if I right click on 'ProductName' and edit the appearance (colour, font size) I get a

'parse error: parse error in main on line 1'

although it's ok when I edit the 'Bold - True' option

I've tried to add code around the 'ProductName' but that hasn't worked

Any guides much appreciated

Comment

No ideas, sorry. We're volunteers here and shouldn't be asked directly to do something just for you.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That's a terrible way to style things anyway, you should be looking to adjust the class styling that area, not add clunky inefficient inline styles.

Comment

Thank you all for your help

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                        That's a terrible way to style things anyway, you should be looking to adjust the class styling that area, not add clunky inefficient inline styles.
                        all fairness to the OP, Actinic allows styling to be done in this way so, if that is the level of a users ability, it's not really fair to knock it someone chooses to use this feature.

Ok, so it's not the best way to do it but, for some people, it's the only way.
                        Tracey

Comment

You can fix a hole in a gas pipe with bubble gum if you like, it will last quite some time. However at some stage you need to be aware it's not the best way to do things and you need to be told how to do things correctly.

If you intend to tinker in these areas of your site, you really should start to understand the very basic fundamentals of styling. I don't subscribe to the 'noob' reason, as noobs you should be more vigilant than ever when changing things and questioning whether everything you do is the best way to do things. You are at the key stage of learning, so learn one thing, the right thing.

If you can write a post asking about a problem when it goes wrong, why can you not write one in the first place mentioning what you are about to do and asking whether it is the best method?

Adding font-weight: bold; to the class that styles that heading is not difficult and something everyone can learn very quickly if they wish to tinker.

PS - I agree the ability to do this should not be there, either Actinic is CSS based or it is not.

Comment

Working...
                          X