BUG: Design Snapshot Failure To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Design Snapshot Failure To Remember

In V8 when we used to do a design snapshot, you could go back in to do another (any timeframe after) and what you chose last time would still be remembered. This was great in case you wanted to add something extra or had forgotten to add anything in the first place. However in V9, everything you choose is not remembered, some selectors get dropped from the library on the first screen (the old faithful), the variables you selected to export are completely forgotten on the 2nd screen also. This is pretty junk as it never allows you to build up a master design snapshot which incorporates the changes you'd like to make as standard. Having to go through each menu reselecting, really is a pain in the ass and prone to further things being missed.

What i fail to understand is how something like this gets changed from V8, this was a good feature on the design snapshot and you've shot it in the foot for V9. As a designer, I want to tick a box and to see all things changed, everything should be included, no exclusions any more. In addition, if I add anything extra, don't forget that selection next time I go to do one.

In addition, list layouts are STILL not recognised as changed, so although the 'customised' tickbox is a great idea, it does not pick up some vital areas that have been changed and thus incorporate them into a design.

There was a large thread last year with designers saying what they would like to see added in the snapshot area, you didn't do a great deal if any of it and followed your own ideas instead IMO. It still isn't right and hasn't been for 3 years now. For once, please forget what you think in this area and listen to what we as designers need and give it to us. We are the only people who really use these, so you only need to listen and act upon our needs really. Your overhaul/change to this area in V9 has actually added nothing but more problems and to be frank, it has added more confusion than ever.

Snapshots are a great feature of Actinic, that need enhancing. At the moment they are being somewhat screwed up by incorrect, faulty or non-needed additions to this area.
Working...
X