Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

import variable into section

Hi folks

I have a variable (rrp) which is set at section level, and at product level (which uses the "parent" value from the section).

Is there a way of importing these en-mass via the flat file converter process ?

I have tried doing it with a SKU column and the RRP column, but the value goes into the product not the section.
    The reason I think is that the SKU cannot be assigned to the section

Hope that makes sense
    Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards
    Simon

Hi,

I have a variable (rrp) which is set at section level, and at product level (which uses the "parent" value from the section).
    If your product level rrp value is just taken from the section level one then when using the 'flat-file convertor', set the rrp column to 'Section Others' in the 'Type of field'. However, if the product level value is to be different to the section level then this would be difficult to do as you can have more than one product in a section so which value should it use? It looks like it takes the value of the first product in the list for that particular section.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey

Thanks for your reply.
      I only have 1 product per section.

I have tried this, only problem is that when you select the "section others" is asks for a "section name" to be able to reference where it belongs.

Ideally what I need to do is to import the variable value into the section, but I cant see how to do it.

Comment

The software needs to know which section you want to apply the variable value to so you will have to create a column in your flat-file called 'Section name' and enter the relevant values into it. If they are sub-sections then you input them using the pipe symbol ( | ) to split them, for example:

Books | Fiction

would mean a 'Fiction' sub-section within the 'Books' section.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey

I have followed that example, and when an import is done it creates new sections/sub-sections (and puts the rrp variable in on these new sections)

I have attached a screenshot and the import file to show what I mean.
          Attached Files

Comment

If all products are SPP, why not simplify things and have the RRP only added to the product and get the section layout to read the RRP from the product. There is no need to get the section involved at all on the import. The AUG details how you get product price onto a section layout, the RRP would be a very similar process.

Comment

Your structure is not correct.

Try this:
              Code:
              Header:Section,Section name,WasPrice

Section,Binoculars Shop ,
              Section, Binoculars ,
              Section, Hawke ,
              Section, Endurance ,
              Section, Endurance CF 10x25,17895.56
              End, Section
              End, Section
              End, Section
              End, Section
              Section, Bushnell ,
              Section, Natureview ,
              Section, Natureview Birder,345.12
              End, Section
              End, Section
              End, Section
              End, Section

Comment

I have followed that example, and when an import is done it creates new sections/sub-sections
                Sorry, remove the spaces either side of the pipe symbol so my example would be:

Books|Fiction

It's adding the spaces in and thinks they are different to the others.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X