Slow Checkout - how can I add a pop up message to reassure my buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Checkout - how can I add a pop up message to reassure my buyers

When connecting to SSL from my site, sometimes the connection is instant, sometimes it can take up to 20 seconds - a long time, and buyers are being put off by it, as all they get is a blank screen

How can I add a pop-up message or a status bar which appears as soon as they click on "Checkout"

I'm using V9

My Service Provider is generally very reliable, so I have no plans to change - it is only the connectin to SSL which sometimes runs slowly, everything is fine.

Are you using SSL to capture card details, if so you will want to have a read up on PCI DSS compliance, it started last April. You really want to be using a PSP nowadays.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply.

When the SSL is running slowly, we don't even get this far - effectively as soon as you leave the Actinic site to process payment, the system goes slow.

All I want to do is a simple message to let my customers know that they are being transferred to a secure area and that everything is OK

Comment

You're not using the java encryption are you? Java is a PITA and many people don't bother to install it. If you are using it this could be what is causing the problem.

If it isn't Java then you should still find out what the cause is. You'll lose a lot of customers, no matter what kind of message you put up.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

whats the URL? then we can actually see whats going on and make suggestions

Comment

It might not be the SSL that is running slowly, it might be the execution of Actinic's CGI scripts. Are you on shared hosting with possibly a lot of other sites on the same server?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
            X