Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which field holds the Product Layout info for each product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which field holds the Product Layout info for each product?

Hi all,

Among my 5000+ products, Ive got a hundred or so 'products' that are actually titles / descriptions. I want these products to use a specific Product Layout that Ive created. I can go through all the products one by one, changing the Layout to the one I want... but I cant figure out where this info sits in the underlying database tables!

I have located the new Layout in the DesignObjects table, and it appears to have nID as its unique field.

I've located a reference to THAT in the variable table, in the sValueRange field for the variable ProductLayout - my new layout appears at the end of the list of other layouts.

I cannot for the life of me find where that is referenced in the Product table... or any other intermediate table.

Incidently, im using an external database to hold products info, but Im NOT mapping anything to the Product Layout field in the v8 catalog.

Anyone know the answer???

thanks
    Last edited by Andy Warner; 06-Feb-2009, 01:47 PM. Reason: more info added
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

If you go to Actinic |Site Options | Layout can you not change the Product Layout Globally from there?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

that sets the layout you want as default. most of my items are ok with that, its just the descriptive ones i want to change!

cheers though
      Andy Warner

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

The layouts are in the design library, the options provided to you are in the selector, you can add or change things as you wish.

Comment

I think he looking to change the layout for 100+ products in one go using Access?

Why don't you use the same layout for both types of product and then use the blockifs to include or exclude the info that separates the two, that way you only have to have one product layout.

Granted I haven't answered your original question, but I haven't found the right column either yet

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

im confusing people

ok, i'm confusing things by the look of it.

heres what I WANT to do:

go into the database using MsAccess

find all the products in the PRODUCT table that match my 'title products' (easily done as they all are called "TITLE-")

change the Product Layout for each of those items to a new layout Ive already created, and appears in the Selector lists.

somewhere in the database, every Product must have a value for the Layout it uses, stored in a table somewhere - thats what I want to change.
            Andy Warner

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
              Granted I haven't answered your original question, but I haven't found the right column either yet
              Aye! but it must exist somewhere, im guessing it aint obvious!
              Andy Warner

Comment

Gotcha, I understand now sorry.

A hierarchical export may be better or if all else fails use the online search in your store to find them all and point you to the location of them. I know it's not what you are after, but may save time nevertheless.

Comment

DesignObjects Table s Name I beleive is the Layout Name. There are various codes and columns that you'll have to work out how that will link to each product.

I can't help thinking that you could changed them by now in Actinic.

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                    I can't help thinking that you could changed them by now in Actinic.
                    ok smarty pants, thats true. but thats <teenage rant>NOT THE POINT</rant>....

Actually, I have done what you said, and used a blockif.... so now I just need to change the 'can be ordered online' flag off for all my titles.

SWEET! Thanks for the prompt, its good to talk!
                    Andy Warner

Comment

Working...
                    X