Refreshing website option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refreshing website option

If I do this on a live server will it basically remove whats on there already and completely upload the new site?
    Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
    Buy Fire Extinguishers
    Fire Extinguishers

Actinic will (if you're using Brochure) overwrite index.html in your site root. Apart from that it will only write files to your sites /acatalog/ directory. Since you should not be putting anything in there yourself, what it does there is somewhat academic.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

I think I accidently hit publish to web from the production side of actinic business whilst the site was in its early stages of development. The site is nearly ready to go up and I was just wondeirng if there would be any issues or conflicts.
      Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

Jake
      Buy Fire Extinguishers
      Fire Extinguishers

Comment

if you aren't sure what is live, then the website refresh option is the safest in order to get to a clean site

Comment

unfortunately actinic will not delete any new pages you may have uploaded from the newer site, these will still be on the server but its unlikely anyone will find them if you refresh the site with the live one not the developement.

Comment

cheers guys

Jake
            Buy Fire Extinguishers
            Fire Extinguishers

Comment

Working...
            X