Marketing Links not finding products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing Links not finding products

I have "new products" and "best sellers" in the right hand column, and also have "related products".

On some new products loaded over the weekend, these links are not working. I have regenerated the marketing links, and uploaded again, to no avail.

The site is http://www.mobilephoneholster.co.uk.

If you go to "Holsters" in LH Navigation, and then "Nokia" and try the "2323 Classic" - related products link to "shoulder holsters" not working. Similarly, the "New Products" link to the 2323 Classic is not working.

Products entered prior to the weekend all work.
    Rich

This can happen when the search.fil does not get updated ,.... try a full site upload and failing that a purge / refresh

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Doing the full site upload may be telling me where the problem is coming from: I get an error saying

"Error copying newprod.fil to fullprod.fil.
      Access denied"

Any ideas on how to overcome that?

Thanks
      Rich

Comment

Sounds like the remote *.fil versions could be corrupted. Try renaming the file in the acatalog/ folder on your server to a temporary name (in case you need to reinstate) and then republish the whole site again.

Bikster

Comment

May be worth compacting the database before sending the files again - always a good move when anything goes wrong.

Bikster

Comment

has something been changed on your server, what are the permissions on your acatalog folder, these should be 777

Comment

Sincere Thanks, Jont!

I'm not sure which bit of your advice it was, but the combination of compacting database, and reloading the site cleared the problem and these "related product" and "new product" links are now working again.

Many thanks for your help. Should you ever need a holster for your phone, please let me know!

Regards
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              X