Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The search facility on Actinic

Hi

We are considering buying Actinic to create a large, quite complex e-commerce site. One spec which the client has been most specific about is the search facility, which I am unable to test on the trial version.

The search will need to be for a part number. For example, the part number may be something like CR-305674/TA1. This needs to be very flexible. The user should be able to enter all or part of the number, WITH or WITHOUT the dashes and slashes, so they may enter CR305674 or CR/3056, for example, and the search should be able to identify the correct part number from either (or more) of these type of entries.

So, what I want to know, please, is: How sophisticated is the search and will it be able to do what we need it to do?

Hoping someone out there will be able to answer this question for me! Many thanks

Teresa

Teresa,

There was a few posts recently that allowed you to put a list of possible search terms in the product description, but hide them from the user and SEs. This mod may be exactly what you need. You could then enter a list of possible variations that will be called up in an Actinic Search...

I'll be back...

... this thread:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40668

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

You can specify the 'accepted' characters allowed to be used/searched on within the actinic search settings. Download yourself the free 30 day trial and have a go is the best bet, you will get a true picture of what you have to play with then. I believe that actinic offer trial hosting for the first month too.

Comment

if you use your own product ref numbers (we use the ones in our printed catalogue) then search will pick these up.
        Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
        Buy Fire Extinguishers
        Fire Extinguishers

Comment

Thanks

Many thanks, guys - I will look into this. The 30 day trial version does not allow you to use the search facility as far as I can tell -maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Teresa

Comment

If you create the site and upload it to a test area, then the search will work.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
            X