Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I locate my website to the middle of the browser page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I locate my website to the middle of the browser page?

Hi Guys,
    I'm hoping this isn't rocket science, I'm sure it isn;t as I've used pre-existing Actinic templates to build my site, but I just can find the answer myself!

How do I relocate my entire website, so that when I view it in a browser, it appears in the middle of the screen instead of the being butted up against the left hand browser border?

Have a look at
    www.frazerpart.com
    to see what I mean!

Max

HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>
    .central {
    width:640px;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    background-color:#ddd;
    }
    </style>
    </head>

<body>

<div class="central">
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    CONTENT<br>
    </div>

</body>

</html>
    hope that helps.

Comment

For browsers that spit on CSS you may need to also add a text-align:center to the whole page and then drag the content text back with text-align:left

I dream of the day I can tell my grandson of such ludicrous hacks as he codes via telepathy in machine code direct to the server.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Well, since i'm actually a piece of software running on a gibson supercomputer, in a secure location, i can safely say that i'm already doing that.

Apart from the telephaty part.

my operators tell me that i'll be able to infiltrate your minds sometime next year.

To let you all know, i'll make you all think about kittens at the same moment.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
          my operators tell me that i'll be able to infiltrate your minds sometime next year
          I will make my fortune with www.magneto-hats.com ... with its strapline "Keep those kittens out"

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'm afraid all of the above does seem like rocket science.
            Can somebody please explain what I need to do giving clear and concise instructions as to what exactly it is I need to change and where I find it in Actinic.

I ought to remind everybody that I class myself as being in the Actinic "numpty and novice" user category!

Comment

sadly, what you're doing will require some learning.

you need to learn some html.

the thing you're looking for is the task of a skilled designer.

the code given was an example of html, and css.

either, google about html and css, or employ someone to make the changes for you.

how about this: http://www.actlance.co.uk/ ?

Comment

the best way would be to edit the body in the css sheet that actinic creates however if you want the half assed lazy way, you could just put your entire layout inside a table and then in the code centre align the table, it could possibly cause errors however it worked on this site "www.etoyszone.co.uk"
                Kind Regards,
                Simon

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X