Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing images in left and right sidebars

Hi,

Is there anyway to place jpg images in the left and right hand sidebars for adverts etc.

Thanks

Yes, you will need to get the correct html formed and then add it to where you want it to show. On the design tab will be the place to do it. Locate the code for the sidebars and then place the code just after where you want it to show.

Comment

Thanks for that Lee,

Sorry to be a pain as im not that tech minded, is there anyway I can open this up in dreamweaver or frontpage, as I am looking at the code and haven't got a clue what and where to put the correct code.

Thanks,

Jeremy.

Comment

i'm afraid you're going to ahve to *get* tech minded.

what your asking is the job of a web designer, not a shop owner.

you can either:
        - learn html
        - pay someone to do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by jcbull View Post
          Thanks for that Lee,

Sorry to be a pain as im not that tech minded, is there anyway I can open this up in dreamweaver or frontpage, as I am looking at the code and haven't got a clue what and where to put the correct code.

Thanks,

Jeremy.
          This suggests that you do know a little html and/or your familar with DW? If that's the case what you have to do is understand how actinic works, the layouts, the variables and blocks. This wont happen over night, but a little reading and some trial and error will pay off. Backup, backup, backup...

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

It's a task you can either do or you can't really Jeremy, it's easy but only if you know how if that makes sense. Get your images together and sized up and draw up a clear explanation of where you want it/them. A designer will then be able to add these for you for little cost. You can then study what they do for future work.

Comment

Hi,

Mnay thanks for your help, I have managed to get into the sidebar and sort of put what I want up there, apart from in the preview page it shows my image, but when it is up on the server it is just showing a placeholder for it. Do I need to upload the images to the server and get the link from them there?

Comment

Point to the file from within your site folder and it should get uploaded for you, if you haven't done that right, then adding it to additional files will also upload it for you.

Comment

The Starter Guide (available from the Help menu) - "Designing Your Store" onwards is worth reading. The "The Design Tab" section, particularly.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks again for your help,

Got it sorted now.

And I will have a read up on html for future referance.

Comment

Working...
                    X