Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts based on product groups - positioning of description

Hi,

I am having a problem with the positioning of the presentation information contained within the cart contents tab on the discounts and surcharges settings.

Even though I have un-checked the 'above the list of product' setting in the miscellaneous tab the text typed in the presentation information not only appears at the top of every page containing an item from within the product group, but also against every product on the same page - even through it is not included within the product group which the discount is being applied.

Has anyone encountered this previously, or am I missing something.

many thanks

Just to let anyone know who may have a similar problem......

I have spent hours looking through the settings and it would appear that the problem lies within the fixed layout settings contained within the appearance settings of the standard discount list of the product layout.

I think that this setting needs to show "Standard Discount List" as opposed to "No" which mine was showing. The consequence of it being set to "No" resulted in the discount message being shown on all products contained within a section with a product from a product group subject to a discount policy.

I doubt that this is a very common problem - I expect that this has happened through previous version upgrades.

I will do more checks tomorrow to see if indeed this is the cure

Comment

It would appear that this did rectify the problem of the dicount message within the product - but not whether it was displayed at the top of each section of not.

The problem with the section lied within the variable name in the standard section page layout code. This was displaying the incorrect variable name - "DiscountList" instead of "SectionDiscountList", when this was changed along with ensuring that the condition was set within the appearance attributes as "DiscountDescriptionIsShownForSection" is is working.

We had never touched this part of Actinic previoulsy, so this must have been changed by an upgrade - it was present however prior to our upgrade to version 9.Whether this is technically the correct solution I am not sure - but it works.

Comment

Working...
      X