Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I edit an actinic site as I would any other website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I edit an actinic site as I would any other website?

Hi Guys

Hope you don't mind a total Newbie question!
    I need to make some SEO upgrades to a client's website which is built in Actinic V9

I will primarily want to do the following;
    edit product names
    edit page titles
    add h1/h2/h3 tags
    add textual content to the category pages
    add products to the home page
    (amongst other things)

What would be the best way to embark upon this project?
    can I download the files (via ftp) and work directly in the code & database or will this cause problems? Do i need to have the actinic software installed??

Many thanks in advance
    Linzi (Newbie)

You will need to install the software or send your client a list of what to do. Editing the files on the server is pointless, it will all get overwritten.

Comment

No.
      You will need a copy of Actinic and a snapshot of the site from your client.
      You will also need to understand that Actinic works by creating the static pages for uploading from a variety of different layouts.l

Comment

you will need to get actinic I would suggest for now downloading actinics trial and if you can get the seo done in time it should be ok then enxt you will need your client to make a backup of there site and send it to you then you need to import the backup, then changing the page names and titles are done in the section details pannel.
        Kind Regards,
        Simon

sigpic

Comment

** Remember that you will not be able to import a snapshot created by the trial software into a licenced copy.

Comment

Working...
          X