page previews ok but not online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

page previews ok but not online

hi, i have a problem with one of my side bar boxes.
    I have some html code inserted into it as the form of a link.
    setting/rightbar text / linked to html file

now it previews ok in actinic as expected, but once uploaded nothing is showing.

page can be seen at
    www treasureislandsweets dot co dot uk

the box in question is on the right hand side just below the new products listing.

Titles 'newsletter'

I am trying to put a link in there for a form created with machform for a newsletter sign up.

thanks all
    wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Not sure if this is a necessary step or not - but have you included the external html file into your 'Additional Files' list?

Just a thought.

Comment

hi, i have added the file to additional files and checked on the server and it is there.
      cheers
      wes
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

How are you linking to this within Actinic.

<a href>

<embed>

Or using a custom variable?

Comment

we are creating a link to the html page in business setting right bar text

the page is called / sign_up.htm

the sign up page has the following code and nothing else in it.

<html>
          <a href="http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk/machform/view.php?id=3" title="Newsletter Sign Up">Newsletter Sign Up</a>
          </html>

wes
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Not 100% sure on this - I recall playing around with design snapshots. I entered text into the Site Layout > Options > Text for Left Box - which didn't appear anywhere on the site.

I then changed the Theme to a standard Actinic theme, and the text I entered appeared properly in the new layout. Therefore from what I can grasp, there must be a variable which you need in your layout to get this to generate properly.

Quick check of the Library brings up:

RIGHTBARTEXT and RIGHTBARTITLE which (I think) controls the Custom Sidebar Boxes layouts.

Is this what you are trying to populate or have I gone astray? lol

Comment

no, you are about right,
              think i might just hand code the link in the box and see what happens
              wes
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

I'm following this but am confused by your terminology:
                we are creating a link to the html page in business setting right bar text
                If you mean Settings / Site Options / General / Text for Right Box, then this is a text variable and you cannot use a filename in there. You should be putting a lump of text (which can include your HTML of course) into this variable.

Grant is right in pointing out that populating these variables will do nothing unless a snippet of layout code that uses these is in your overall layout. This will be Theme specific.

Also your snippet of HTML in post 5 should not have <html> and </html> tags. You cannot nest HTML HEAD or BODY tags.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                X