Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search and 'ping'

Hi,

This is probably a really stupid question but I don't know how to search for order information. All i want to do it to enter a name, company name, post code, part order number so i can pull up customer & order details in compleated orders.

I have tried the binoculars button but all i get is a 'ping' and no search information.

Can anyone help?

CTRL-F works for me.

Comment

Is this free information Lee, or going on my bill?!?! lol

Comment

I can get the box to appear (ctrl f or binocular button). Its the information entered that I enter thats the problem, i can't get to give me anything.

I have tried a numerous combinations and still cant get a single bit of search information.

Is it just too dam simple to enter a postcode and all orders with that post code to appear? or an order number? or customer name?

Am i missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
          I can get the box to appear (ctrl f or binocular button). Its the information entered that I enter thats the problem, i can't get to give me anything.

I have tried a numerous combinations and still cant get a single bit of search information.

Is it just too dam simple to enter a postcode and all orders with that post code to appear? or an order number? or customer name?

Am i missing something here?
          No, I don't think you are missing something. I gave up with using the find feature well over a year ago as it simply doesn't work, I'm quicker asking the customer for their name, and postcode and manually finding the order than playing around with Find to locate the order. Another feature that is completely overlooked IMO. Start by using wildcards (*) - eg. *Smith should bring up Anyone Smith, Someone Smith and Everybody Smith - although it should, I doubt it will. I have the same frustrations as you do, so maybe we're both missing the point

Comment

Thanks Grant,

Was beginning to think i was going around the bend!

Comment

Working...
            X