Strange new products behavoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange new products behavoir

I've just moved our new products to the right sidebar using the 'mini new products' layout and I'm getting a strange problem. I get the new products multiplied by the same amount as the number of products in the list. So, if I set the qty to 5, I get 5 lots of 5. If I set it to 3, I get 3 lots of 3.

Can't suss it out. Have done the usual compact etc. This also happens if I use other layouts so it's higer than that.

What am I doing wrong?
    http://www.topdiscs.co.uk
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Recorrsive layout - covered many times here

Comment

Thanks, I'm clearly having an off day though. I can't find any ref to this problem no matter what I search for. Spent half an hour searching last night.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

'recursive' might be the term I think, if that is the problem.

Comment

Tried that. Tried every thing I can think of.
          Blank DVD
          Cloth Nappies

Comment

Sounds a weird one, import your snapshot prior to the changes and try it again, something may have corrupted along the way and that will probably be your easiest path to get things back.

Comment

I had the same problem on my website when I first started it however the side menu would duplicate by the ammount of sections that were there, I fixed the problem by deleteing a section a recently added. Have you recently added any abnormal products that might be causing the problem?
              Kind Regards,
              Simon

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking that. I guess I can save off orders downloaded today by saving Actinic.mdb and then re-importing? Long time since I've had to do that.
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

When you import the snapshot, don't bring in the orders with it.

Comment

Not sure Simon, we add stuff all the time. I used to have best sellers on the right but we decided to do new products instead as half the best sellers are usually out of stock! We'll use best sellers on the home page as a 'special offers' thing and manually edit the contents.

Was one of the products in the list causing the problem? Maybe I'll try removing them one by one and see if that works.
                    Blank DVD
                    Cloth Nappies

Comment

#9 Doh, of course
                      Blank DVD
                      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Sorted with re-import. Re-did the changes and it's fine.

Ta.
                        Blank DVD
                        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                        X