Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to Cart in Section Layout

Wondering if someone can please help?

I have added an 'add to cart' button to my section layout list so that customers can purchase from the section layout rather than having to enter the product layout.

The problem I am having is when it comes to components. I can add the component options to my section layouts but then I encounter spacing issues.

What I would like to do is to remove the add to cart button if component choices exist (I can then add a section description saying "enter to choose size & flavour"). I have tried using different block if statements but none seem to work for me.

Can anyone suggest a way of hiding the cart button or suggest a better work around?

One Kludgy way.
    Code:
    <actinic:block type="ComponentList">
    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201" >
    		<span style="display:none">
    	</actinic:block>
    ADD TO CART HERE
    <actinic:block type="ComponentList">
    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201" >
    		</span>
    Note that you should put this all on a single unspaced line (with no white space between > and <) to avoid extraneous line feeds and spaces being generated.

I tried using <!-- and --> HTML comment tags instead of the span but Actinic complained. Other types of Comment tags might work.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Jonathan,
      An alternative, if visual layout is important, would be to display the components and choices in a "pop up" box for the section pages.
      We've implemented a few instances of this as can be seen on the Kent Tea and Coffee website or on the Nail Company website.

Requires some additional "tweaking" but it can be done.

Just another option for you.....
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
        Hi Jonathan,
        An alternative, if visual layout is important, would be to display the components and choices in a "pop up" box for the section pages.
        We've implemented a few instances of this as can be seen on the Kent Tea and Coffee website
        That page makes me want a cuppa!!
        Tracey

Comment

Fergus - interesting site with some neat features, the cart contents that appears when you add something, the add to cart pop up.

Definately and interesting site and i like it aswell im tempted being its in my neck of the woods

You might want to update the information about secure site, well let your client know

Comment

I've used a similar technique for turning the "Related Products" into proper buyable items. Demo on http://www.drillpine.biz/v9greyboxsi...log/Books.html
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

How come you guys make all this look so simple

Comment

Hey thanks for your suggestions. I really like the pop up method...looks difficult to implement but I shall give it a go.

Comment

Hey Norman...thanks for your solution! Worked a treat!

Comment

Working...
                  X